IBA CZ is happy to announce the public availability of the Extlet plugin for the Liferay Portal. Extlet plugin brings the power of Liferay Ext Development environment and flexibility & simplicity of a plugin architecture. It is more modular than the upcoming official Ext plugin and it's designed to work with the Liferay 5.2.3.
- Almost as powerful as the EXT Environment
- Modular - multiple Extlet plugins in one Liferay instance (including config files)
- Applications build on the top of Extlet are installable as easy as regular WAR plugins and might contain Liferay customizations, hooks and portlets
- Works with the Liferay 5.2.3 on the Tomcat, support for the Glassfish and migration to the Liferay 6 is in progress
- Developed and maintaned by IBA CZ
- Released under MIT licence
Liferay 6 Preview introduced the Ext plugin, which is supposed to replace the old EXT environment. The Extlet Plugin is more powerful but aims to stay as much compatible as possible.