FEST-Swing 1.0: GUI Testing Made Easy
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
We are proud to announce the release of FEST-Swing 1.0!
It has been more than two years since Yvonne and I started working on this exciting project (originally called TestNG-Abbot.) Time really flies!
For the past two years, FEST-Swing has been featured in the following articles:
- GUI Testing Made Easy. By Alex Ruiz and Yvonne Wang Price. IEEE / TAIC PART '08 - August 2008
- FEST + Easyb: making UI testing easier, by Andres Almiray. Andres' Almiray Weblog - May 2008.
- Festive Functional Tests for Swing GUIs, by Geertjan Wielenga. Javalobby - April 2008.
- Test-driven GUI development with FEST, by Alex Ruiz. Javaworld - July 1007.
- Testing Groovy UIs with FEST, by Andres Almiray. Andres' Almiray Weblog - July 2007.
- Test-Driven GUI Development with TestNG and Abbot, by Alex Ruiz and Yvonne Wang Price. IEEE Software - May 2007
- Automate GUI testing with TestNG-Abbot, by Andrew Glover. IBM DeveloperWorks - February 2007
FEST-Swing has been also included in the following books:
- Java Power Tools, by John Ferguson Smart. O'Reilly - May 2008
- Next Generation Java Testing: TestNG and Advanced Concepts, by Cédric Beust and Hani Suleiman. Addison Wesley - October 2007. (FEST-Swing was known as TestNG-Abbot at that time.)
Finally, FEST-Swing has been presented in the following conferences:
- Desktop Matters 2007
- JavaOne 2007
- Agile 2007 (by Dr. Paul King)
- Silicon Valley Code Camp 2007
- JavaPolis 2007
- Software Test And Performance 2008
- JavaOne 2008
- Google Test Automation Conference 2008 (by Andres Almiray)
- Silicon Valley Code Camp 2008
- Devoxx 2008 (by Michael Hüttermann)
For more details about new, updated or removed classes, please read the change report.
Feedback is always appreciated
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.