Finding time for security when scaling
Liran Tal of Snyk.io joins the Dev Interrupted Podcast to discuss how to prioritize security issues and what dev-first security really means.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Imagine a world where we gave our developers the ability to to find and fix security vulnerabilities before their code is merged. This week on Dev Interrupted I brought in Liran Tal, a security expert from Snyk.io, to talk about how our community can begin evolving traditional security workflows into a more modern way of working.
Finding time for security when scaling your development team can be a challenge. That’s why we have to start giving our developers the ability to find and fix security vulnerabilities before their code is merged. We have to talk about what a good security culture looks like, and how we track and prioritize our efforts.
In this episode of Dev Interrupted we discuss:
- The right metrics to track when looking at security
- How to enable developers to find and fix security vulnerabilities
- Which security issues you need to prioritize for ROI and why
- How to start the transition from to a more modern security model
Love the podcast? Join the Dev Interrupted discord server!
Chat with Dan Lines and Liran Tal directly in our Dev Team Leader community. Click here to join our community >>>
Continue learning more about security and Snky.io with these great resources:
- Snyk's security podcast: The Secure Developer
- A vulnerability scanner for your Open Source projects
- Learn more about what DevSecOps means at Snyk
Published at DZone with permission of Dan Lines, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.