Firefox 7: new features for developers
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
This post summarizes the highlights of “What’s new for Web Developers in Firefox 7” by Christopher Blizzard for Mozilla Hacks:
- text-overflow: ellipsis. If text is too long to fit into a given box, this CSS setting cuts it off with a nice triple dot.
- WebSockets are back: with an updated (more secure) version of the protocol. They are now enabled by default on Firefox for Mobile.
- Canvas speed improvements.
- Restrictions on a site’s ability to resize the current window:
- A site can only resize a window or a tab if it was created by window.open().
- A site cannot resize a tab it it’s in a window with more than one tab.
- Support for the Navigation Web Timing spec.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.