Font Substitution Mechanism & Excel to PDF Conv. are Enhanced in Android Apps
What’s new in this release?
Aspose development team is pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Cells for Android v8.1.2. Aspose.Cells APIs generally use TrueType Fonts (TTFs) when a task involves rendering spreadsheets to images or portable formats such as PDF. Aspose.Cells detects which TTFs are required by scanning the spreadsheet styles and tries to find the required fonts on the machine where conversion is taking place. There could be situations when the required TTFs are not available. In such cases, Aspose.Cells substitutes the required font with a similar available one. With this release, Aspose.Cells provides the means to receive warnings if a font substitution has occurred during the spreadsheet rendering process. This mechanism is available through a set of classes, interfaces and properties that have been added with version 8.1.2. Aspose.Cells for Android 8.1.2 has provided fixes and other enhancements for several important issues, such as, reading/writing Microsoft Excel files, manipulating styles and calculating formulas, manipulating charts and shapes, Sheet to image bugs, Smart Markers issue, etc. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- FileFormatUtil.DetectFileFormat uses all system's available memory while detecting a corrupted spreadsheet
- Data missing is fixed when PivotTable is converted to PDF
- Total Title missing is fixed when PivotTable is converted to PDF
- Cell Merging Problem is resolved when PivotTable is converted to PDF
- PivotTable bug regarding Subtotals is fixed
- Arrow lines are too thick than in Excel is now fixed
- Merged cell content disappears is now fixed when rows are filtered and spreadsheet is converted to HTML
- Aspose.Cells produce arrow double in thickness while converting XLS to PDF
- Printed result is now centered correctly and last line get lost
- The text in merged cells are now showing when convert to PDF
- Shape to image Error is resolved while converting ExcelShapeToImageRedactedEx.xls to Tiff
- Shape to image Error is resolved while converting ExcelShapeToImageError.xls to Tiff
- Line thickness is now fixed when saved as PDF using Aspose cells
- Excel chart labels are overlapping after opening and saving the xlsm file
- Match formula is now calculated correctly with Workbook.CalculateFormula
- #NUM! error is resolved when reading certain cells
- Smart Markers - Cells Formatting is now retaine correctly on Group:Merge, Skip:1
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Android documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Get Warnings for Font Substitution while Rendering Excel File
- Limit the Number of Pages Generated - Excel to PDF Conversion
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Android
Aspose.Cells for Android is a MS Excel spreadsheet component that allows programmer to develop android applications for reading, writing & manipulate Excel spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX, XLSM, SpreadsheetML, CSV, tab delimited) and HTML file formats without needing to rely on Microsoft Excel. It supports robust formula calculation engine, pivot tables, VBA, workbook encryption, named ranges, custom charts, spreadsheet formatting, drawing objects like images, OLE objects & importing or creating charts.