From the Neo4j Community: THE Cypher Cheatsheet, a Look at the US Election, and Neo4j 3.1
Check out the best stuff from around the Neo4j community in the past month. Top stories include analyzing Twitter surrounding the US election, Neo4j's Cypher query cheatsheet, and more.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
October was a big month for the Neo4j community – not only was there GraphConnect San Francisco (catch video recordings here), but also the beta launch of Neo4j 3.1. Beyond that, the Neo4j community was doing what it does best – being awesome and creating cool projects like the ones featured below.
If you would like to see your post featured in November’s “From the Community” blog post, follow us on Twitter and use the #Neo4j hashtag for your chance to get picked.
Articles and Blog Posts
- US Presidential Election 2016 – Twitter Analysis, by John Swain.
- User Defined Functions in Neo4j 3.1.0-M10, by Michael Hunger.
- A Way to Make Big Data Work for Health at Last? by Gary Flood.
- How the 11.5 million Panama Papers were analyzed – interview with Mar Cabra, by Roberto V. Zicari.
- Neo4j 3.1 promises to make large-scale graph processing easier and more secure, by Maria Deutscher.
- A new way to search for data is helping NASA’s biggest brains save millions and get to space faster, by Matt Weinberger.
- Representing and querying disease networks using graph databases, by Artem Lysenko, Irina A. Roznovăţ, Mansoor Saqi, Alexander Mazein, Christopher J Rawlings, and Charles Auffray.
- Crossing the EA Chasm: Marrying Open EA Data with Graph Databases.
- Dealing with Neo4J 3.1 BETA gotcha’s, by Paul Jongsma.
- Degrees of Rudi Völler – Neo4j Edition.
- Catalogs and Hierarchies, by Max De Marzi.
- Graph Helper for Character Creation, by Eddie Freeman.
- News Feeds, by Max De Marzi.
- Docker and Neo4j for Developers Who Can’t Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too, by Kevin Van Gundy.
- GraphConnect San Francisco 2016 Schedule Graph, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Neo4j: Detecting rogue spaces in CSV headers with LOAD CSV.
- Neo4j: Find the midpoint between two lat/longs.
- Neo4j: Create dynamic relationship type.
Podcasts and Audio
- Podcast Interview with Alessio De Angelis, Whitehall Reply, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Episode 006: Suellen Stringer-Hye and Michael Hunger.
- Path Distances, by Tom Zeppenfeldt.
Libraries, GraphGists, and Code Repos
- neo4j-core 6.1.6, by Andreas Ronge, Chris Grigg, Brian Underwood.
- Preview Release for Neo4j 3.1.0-M10 with User Defined Functions, by Michael Hunger.
- novacc2016: NoVa Code Camp October 2016, by David Makogon.
- graphipedia: Creates a Neo4j graph of Wikipedia links, by Michael Hunger.
- neo4j_cypher_cheatsheet.md: Neo4j’s Cypher queries cheatsheet.
- jetbrains-plugin-graph-database-support: Graph Databases support for JetBrains family IDEs, by Dmitrijs Vrublevskis.
- neo4j-graphql: GraphQL bindings for Neo4j, generates and runs Cypher, by Michael Hunger.
- npm-graph: Loading the npm registry into Neo4j graph database for module dependency analysis, by William Lyon.
Published at DZone with permission of Rachel Howard, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.