October was a big month for the Neo4j community – not only was there GraphConnect San Francisco (catch video recordings here), but also the beta launch of Neo4j 3.1. Beyond that, the Neo4j community was doing what it does best – being awesome and creating cool projects like the ones featured below.
Articles and Blog Posts
- US Presidential Election 2016 – Twitter Analysis, by John Swain.
- User Defined Functions in Neo4j 3.1.0-M10, by Michael Hunger.
- A Way to Make Big Data Work for Health at Last? by Gary Flood.
- How the 11.5 million Panama Papers were analyzed – interview with Mar Cabra, by Roberto V. Zicari.
- Neo4j 3.1 promises to make large-scale graph processing easier and more secure, by Maria Deutscher.
- A new way to search for data is helping NASA’s biggest brains save millions and get to space faster, by Matt Weinberger.
- Representing and querying disease networks using graph databases, by Artem Lysenko, Irina A. Roznovăţ, Mansoor Saqi, Alexander Mazein, Christopher J Rawlings, and Charles Auffray.
- Crossing the EA Chasm: Marrying Open EA Data with Graph Databases.
- Dealing with Neo4J 3.1 BETA gotcha’s, by Paul Jongsma.
- Degrees of Rudi Völler – Neo4j Edition.
- Catalogs and Hierarchies, by Max De Marzi.
- Graph Helper for Character Creation, by Eddie Freeman.
- News Feeds, by Max De Marzi.
- Docker and Neo4j for Developers Who Can’t Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too, by Kevin Van Gundy.
- GraphConnect San Francisco 2016 Schedule Graph, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Neo4j: Detecting rogue spaces in CSV headers with LOAD CSV.
- Neo4j: Find the midpoint between two lat/longs.
- Neo4j: Create dynamic relationship type.
Podcasts and Audio
- Podcast Interview with Alessio De Angelis, Whitehall Reply, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Episode 006: Suellen Stringer-Hye and Michael Hunger.
- Path Distances, by Tom Zeppenfeldt.
Libraries, GraphGists, and Code Repos
- neo4j-core 6.1.6, by Andreas Ronge, Chris Grigg, Brian Underwood.
- Preview Release for Neo4j 3.1.0-M10 with User Defined Functions, by Michael Hunger.
- novacc2016: NoVa Code Camp October 2016, by David Makogon.
- graphipedia: Creates a Neo4j graph of Wikipedia links, by Michael Hunger.
- neo4j_cypher_cheatsheet.md: Neo4j’s Cypher queries cheatsheet.
- jetbrains-plugin-graph-database-support: Graph Databases support for JetBrains family IDEs, by Dmitrijs Vrublevskis.
- neo4j-graphql: GraphQL bindings for Neo4j, generates and runs Cypher, by Michael Hunger.
- npm-graph: Loading the npm registry into Neo4j graph database for module dependency analysis, by William Lyon.