From the Neo4j Community: Drivers, Pokemon, and TED Talks
It's been a busy summer for the Neo4j community. Take some time to catch up with all that's been going on with this post!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The Neo4j community has been very active this summer — that much is obvious. What you might not have noticed is how many new integrations and drivers have been published for new programming languages in the last month. Highlights include: Golang, Grails, PHP, Elixir, and Elasticsearch.
Of course, there’s even more great content to explore this month around the Tour de France and even one on a Pokémon graph. Happy reading!
Articles and Blog Posts
- TED Talk: How the Panama Papers journalists broke the biggest leak in history, by Gerard Ryle.
- Finding Common Neighbors In Neo4j, by Simon Thordal.
- U.S. Mining Swiss Bank Data to Find Tax Cheats, by Laura Saunders.
- Guest View: Relational vs. graph databases: Which to use and when?, by Johan Svensson.
- Graphing the Tour de France – part 1/3, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Cypher Query Language, by Sydney Ketebu.
- Exporting Cypher queries from the Neo4j browser, by Evan Knowles.
- Mining and Searching Text with Graph Databases, by Alessandro Negro.
- Extending Neo4j – enforcing strict schema, by Jarek Strzelecki.
- Graphing the Tour de France – part 2/3, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Compilers hate him! Discover this one weird trick with Neo4j stored procedures, by Florent Biville.
- Dynamic networks + Neo4j (graph database) + R, by Skye Bender-deMoll.
- Exploring Archimate Models with a Graph Database, by Thomas Michem.
- Why Open Source Graph Databases Are Catching on, by Susan Hall.
- Getting started with Neo4j and Cypher, by Eve Freeman.
- Object Graph Mapping by Example with Neo4j OGM and Java, by Micha Kops.
- Graph databases: Joining the dots, by Jim Mortleman.
- Graphing the Tour de France – part 3/3, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- 5 NoSQL Alternatives for Data Storage, by Troy Hiltbrand.
- Neo4j: Cypher – Detecting duplicates using relationships, by Mark Needham.
- How graph technology can help get ‘fake food’ out of the shops, by Kathryn Cave.
- Complex Data Relationships with Neo4j, by Jonathan Scholtes.
- Tutorial: Extracting participating molecules using the Graph Database, by Reactome.
- QuickGraph #1 European Politics from DBpedia: Loading data from an RDF triple store into Neo4j via SPARQL, by Jesús Barrasa.
- Advanced Neo4j to Elasticsearch Replication, by Christophe Willemsen.
- seraph: A thin and familiar layer between node and Neo4j’s REST api, by John Packer.
- Robo4j and upcoming Neo4j connector, and why Neo4j is the first, by Miroslav Kopecky.
- NoSQL and Cloud Databases Community: Importing a graph in Neo4j, by Fernando Garcia.
Podcasts and Audio
- BOLTing Podcast Interview with Nigell Small, Neo4j Team, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Podcast Interview With Florent Biville, Criteo, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Manage a hierarchical structure with Graphileon InterActor, by Tom Zeppenfeldt.
- Graph Databases and Managing Metadata with Neo4j, by Kaushik Chaubal, Iona-Alexander Ifrim and James Phare.
- Neo4j Graph Database & Cypher, by Brad Traversy.
- Node.js With Neo4j – Freestyle Coding , by Brad Traversy.
- Neo4j Tutorial 11: Search nodes by using properties, by Code Complete.
- Building a Meetup Recommendation Engine with Spring Data Neo4j, by Sven Janko.
Slides and Presentations
- Building a Graph Database in Neo4j with Spark & Spark SQL to gain new insights from Log Data, by Robert Hryniewicz and Rachel Poulsen.
Libraries, GraphGists and Code Repos
- ttrelle: nosql-datasets/Neo4j, by Tobias Trelle.
- Support for .NET Core, by Chris Skardon.
- neo4j-got, by Mark Needham.
- neo4j 7.1.2, by Andreas Ronge, Brian Underwood and Chris Grigg.
- py2neo 3.1.1, by Nigel Small.
- py2neo.database – Graph Databases.
- neo4j-apoc-procedures: 1.1.0 Release of Awesome Procedures On Cypher (APOC), by Michael Hunger.
- Golang Bolt driver for Neo4j, by John Nadratowski.
- Boltex 0.0.1: An Elixir driver for Neo4J’s bolt protocol, by Michael Schaefermeyer.
- eve_neo4j 0.1.0: Eve Neo4j extension., by Rodrigo Rodriguez.
- Neo4j: GORM – Grails Data Access Framework, by Grails.
- What’s New in GORM 6?, by Graeme Rocher.
- neo4j-php-ogm: Neo4j Object Graph Mapper for PHP, by Christophe Willemsen.
- Pokémon and Neo4j – My first attempt at designing a Graph Database, by Data Dever.
- Tour de France 2016 GraphGist, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- neo4j_sips 0.2.10: A very simple and versatile Neo4j Elixir driver, by Florin T. Patrascu.
- ft-neo4j: Properly configured neo4j image, by Tamás Molnar.
- eve-neo4j: Eve Neo4j extension http://eve-neo4j.readthedocs.io/, by Rodrigo Rodriguez.
- neo4j-examples: health-graph/README.md, by Yaqi Shi.
- CollabRx/callisto: Elixir graph data abstraction, by Paul.
- neo4j-contrib/boltkit: Toolkit for Neo4j 3.0+ driver authors, by Nigel Small.
- fbiville/neo4j-sproc-compiler: Compile-time annotation processor to verify Neo4j stored procedures validity, by Florent Biville.
Published at DZone with permission of Rachel Howard, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.