The Neo4j community has been very active this summer — that much is obvious. What you might not have noticed is how many new integrations and drivers have been published for new programming languages in the last month. Highlights include: Golang, Grails, PHP, Elixir, and Elasticsearch.
Of course, there’s even more great content to explore this month around the Tour de France and even one on a Pokémon graph. Happy reading!
Articles and Blog Posts
- TED Talk: How the Panama Papers journalists broke the biggest leak in history, by Gerard Ryle.
- Finding Common Neighbors In Neo4j, by Simon Thordal.
- U.S. Mining Swiss Bank Data to Find Tax Cheats, by Laura Saunders.
- Guest View: Relational vs. graph databases: Which to use and when?, by Johan Svensson.
- Graphing the Tour de France – part 1/3, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Cypher Query Language, by Sydney Ketebu.
- Exporting Cypher queries from the Neo4j browser, by Evan Knowles.
- Mining and Searching Text with Graph Databases, by Alessandro Negro.
- Extending Neo4j – enforcing strict schema, by Jarek Strzelecki.
- Graphing the Tour de France – part 2/3, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Compilers hate him! Discover this one weird trick with Neo4j stored procedures, by Florent Biville.
- Dynamic networks + Neo4j (graph database) + R, by Skye Bender-deMoll.
- Exploring Archimate Models with a Graph Database, by Thomas Michem.
- Why Open Source Graph Databases Are Catching on, by Susan Hall.
- Getting started with Neo4j and Cypher, by Eve Freeman.
- Object Graph Mapping by Example with Neo4j OGM and Java, by Micha Kops.
- Graph databases: Joining the dots, by Jim Mortleman.
- Graphing the Tour de France – part 3/3, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- 5 NoSQL Alternatives for Data Storage, by Troy Hiltbrand.
- Neo4j: Cypher – Detecting duplicates using relationships, by Mark Needham.
- How graph technology can help get ‘fake food’ out of the shops, by Kathryn Cave.
- Complex Data Relationships with Neo4j, by Jonathan Scholtes.
- Tutorial: Extracting participating molecules using the Graph Database, by Reactome.
- QuickGraph #1 European Politics from DBpedia: Loading data from an RDF triple store into Neo4j via SPARQL, by Jesús Barrasa.
- Advanced Neo4j to Elasticsearch Replication, by Christophe Willemsen.
- seraph: A thin and familiar layer between node and Neo4j’s REST api, by John Packer.
- Robo4j and upcoming Neo4j connector, and why Neo4j is the first, by Miroslav Kopecky.
- NoSQL and Cloud Databases Community: Importing a graph in Neo4j, by Fernando Garcia.
Podcasts and Audio
- BOLTing Podcast Interview with Nigell Small, Neo4j Team, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Podcast Interview With Florent Biville, Criteo, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- Manage a hierarchical structure with Graphileon InterActor, by Tom Zeppenfeldt.
- Graph Databases and Managing Metadata with Neo4j, by Kaushik Chaubal, Iona-Alexander Ifrim and James Phare.
- Neo4j Graph Database & Cypher, by Brad Traversy.
- Node.js With Neo4j – Freestyle Coding , by Brad Traversy.
- Neo4j Tutorial 11: Search nodes by using properties, by Code Complete.
- Building a Meetup Recommendation Engine with Spring Data Neo4j, by Sven Janko.
Slides and Presentations
- Building a Graph Database in Neo4j with Spark & Spark SQL to gain new insights from Log Data, by Robert Hryniewicz and Rachel Poulsen.
Libraries, GraphGists and Code Repos
- ttrelle: nosql-datasets/Neo4j, by Tobias Trelle.
- Support for .NET Core, by Chris Skardon.
- neo4j-got, by Mark Needham.
- neo4j 7.1.2, by Andreas Ronge, Brian Underwood and Chris Grigg.
- py2neo 3.1.1, by Nigel Small.
- py2neo.database – Graph Databases.
- neo4j-apoc-procedures: 1.1.0 Release of Awesome Procedures On Cypher (APOC), by Michael Hunger.
- Golang Bolt driver for Neo4j, by John Nadratowski.
- Boltex 0.0.1: An Elixir driver for Neo4J’s bolt protocol, by Michael Schaefermeyer.
- eve_neo4j 0.1.0: Eve Neo4j extension., by Rodrigo Rodriguez.
- Neo4j: GORM – Grails Data Access Framework, by Grails.
- What’s New in GORM 6?, by Graeme Rocher.
- neo4j-php-ogm: Neo4j Object Graph Mapper for PHP, by Christophe Willemsen.
- Pokémon and Neo4j – My first attempt at designing a Graph Database, by Data Dever.
- Tour de France 2016 GraphGist, by Rik Van Bruggen.
- neo4j_sips 0.2.10: A very simple and versatile Neo4j Elixir driver, by Florin T. Patrascu.
- ft-neo4j: Properly configured neo4j image, by Tamás Molnar.
- eve-neo4j: Eve Neo4j extension http://eve-neo4j.readthedocs.io/, by Rodrigo Rodriguez.
- neo4j-examples: health-graph/README.md, by Yaqi Shi.
- CollabRx/callisto: Elixir graph data abstraction, by Paul.
- neo4j-contrib/boltkit: Toolkit for Neo4j 3.0+ driver authors, by Nigel Small.
- fbiville/neo4j-sproc-compiler: Compile-time annotation processor to verify Neo4j stored procedures validity, by Florent Biville.