Future of Artificial Intelligence
Wondering where the future of artificial intelligence lies? Read this article to view one perspective.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
In this article, we will study the future of Artificial Intelligence to learn the scope and career opportunities of AI in real industry. We will start with AI introduction, AI applications, examples, AI careers, and job profiles in AI. Moreover, will see practical examples for better understanding.
2. Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
“The science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs.”
Intelligence distinguishes us from everything in the world, as we have the ability to understand and apply knowledge. We can also improve skills that play a significant role in our evolution.
We can define Artificial Intelligence as an area of computer science. Further, they deal with the ways in which computers can be made. They are made to perform cognitive functions ascribed to humans.
3. Benefits of Artificial Intelligence
a. Error Reduction
We use artificial intelligence in most cases as this helps us in reducing risks. Also, it increases the chance of reaching accuracy with the greater degree of precision.
b. Difficult Exploration
In mining and other fuel exploration processes, we use artificial intelligence and the science of robotics. Moreover, we use complex machines for exploring the ocean. Hence, overcoming the ocean limitation.
4. Risks of Artificial Intelligence
a. High Costs
Its creation requires huge costs as they are very complex machines. Also, repair and maintenance require huge costs.
b. No Replicating Humans
Intelligence is believed to be a gift of nature, and an ethical argument will continue on whether the human intelligence is to be replicated or not.
5. Artificial Intelligence Applications and Examples
a. Virtual Personal Assistants
In this, a huge amount of data is collected from a variety of sources to learn about users. Also, one needs to be more effective in helping them organize and track their information.
b. Video Games
Basically, we have used AI since the very first video games.
Machine Learning technology is used by Siri users. Also, they use it to get understand natural language questions and requests.
Tesla is something you are missing if you are a car geek. Also, this is one of the best automobiles available until now.
6. Educational Requirements for Careers in Artificial Intelligence
- Various levels of math, including probability, statistics, algebra, calculus, logic, and algorithms.
- Bayesian networking or graphical modeling, including neural nets.
- Physics, engineering, and robotics.
- Computer science, programming languages, and coding.
- Cognitive science theory.
7. Artificial Intelligence Career Domains
A career in this can be realized within a variety of settings including:
- private companies
- public organizations
- the arts
- healthcare facilities
- government agencies and
- the military.
8. Roles in AI Career
- Software analysts and developers.
- Computer scientists and computer engineers.
- Algorithm specialists.
- Research scientists and engineering consultants.
- Mechanical engineers and maintenance technicians.
- Manufacturing and electrical engineers.
- Surgical technicians working with robotic tools.
- Military and aviation electricians working with flight simulators, drones, and armaments.
9. Future of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is used by one another after the company for its benefits. Also, it’s a fact that artificial intelligence is reached in our day-to-day life at breakneck speed.
On the basis of this information arises a new question:
Is it possible that artificial Intelligence outperforms human performance?
If yes, then does it happen and how much does it take?
Only when Artificial Intelligence is able to do a job better than humans.
According to the Survey Results:
Machines are predicted to be better than humans in translating languages, running a truck, working in the retail sector, and can completely outperform humans by 2060.
As a result, MI researchers believe that AI will become better than humans in the next 40-year time frame.
- To build AI smarter, companies have already acquired around 34 AI startups. It was acquired in the first quarter of 2017. These companies are reinforcing their leads in the world of artificial intelligence.
- In every sphere of life, AI is present. We use AI to organize big data into different patterns and structures. Also, patterns help in a neural network, machine learning, and data analytics.
- From the 80s to now, artificial intelligence is now part of our everyday lives, it’s very hard to believe. Moreover, it is becoming more intelligent and accepted every day and there are many opportunities for businesses.
A Few Steps to Ensure the Business Stays Relevant to the AI Revolution:
a. A Finger on the Pulse
Maybe the time is not right for your business to harness the value of AI. However, that doesn’t mean you should stop keeping up like others that are using AI. Reading IT journal trade is a good place to start. Start focusing on how businesses are leveraging AI.
b. Piggyback on the Innovators
To implement AI, there are so many resources present from an industry that will help you.
Google has developed a machine learning system, TensorFlow. That has been released as an open-source software.
c. Brainstorm Potential Uses With Your Team
Teams must be engaged and encouraging in the areas of business, and AI could be deployed. Data-heavy, inefficient are processes that are likely benefit. Moreover, find where these exist. Also, how artificial intelligence is used to solve them.
d. Start Small and Focus on Creating Real Value
It’s not mandatory to move forward for the sake only. Rather, it’s necessary to focus on objectives and start finding a best solution for it. Moreover, mean finding the specific process to run AI pilot. Also, see how it goes, learn and build from there.
e. Prepare the Ground
Before, to maximize the value of AI, its good to ensure your current process i.e. working in the best possible way.
To collaborate with a non-competing business. That is further down the road in terms of programming and enabling AI. AI has the potential to transform businesses. That is how a business moves and takes ups and down.
Like movies, where humans stop, machines used to perform, as it requires steps and trials.
g. Cyborg Technology
Basically, it’s the biggest limitation in the human being. i.e its own bodies and brains. Its seen that we will argue with ourselves. As a result, Cyborg technology is added for our convenience. Moreover, this technology reduces the limitations. Also, we will deal with it on a daily basis.
h. Taking Over Dangerous Jobs
In bomb defusing, robots are used to save thousands of lives. They are technically drones. that require humans to control them. Over the years, as technology improves, we will need AI integration to help these machines.
i. Solving Climate Change
This might seem like a tall order from a robot. But one says that:
"Machines have more access to data than one person ever could — storing a mind-boggling number of statistics. We can use big data so that AI could one day identify trends. Also, it comes with the use that information to come up with solutions to the world’s biggest problems."
10. Jobs in Artificial Intelligence
- Computational philosopher: to ensure human-aligned ethics are embedded in AI algorithms
- Robot personality designer
- Robot obedience trainer
- Autonomous vehicle infrastructure designer: new road and traffic signs to be read by a computer
- Algorithm trainers include the growing army of so-called “click workers.” That helps algorithms learn to recognize images or analyze sentiment, for instance.
We have studied the future of Artificial Intelligence and learned the future of Artificial Intelligence from every future perspective. We have also learned practical applications that will help you understand in a better way. Furthermore, if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section.
Published at DZone with permission of Shailna Patidar. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.