Gant 1.4.0 released
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Russel Winder has anounced over the Groovy User list that Gant 1.4.0 has been released. Here are his notes on this new version:
There are a lot of internal changes removing assumptions, correcting bugs etc. There are also a couple of changes that mean that tools and target sets have a different initialization, effectively an API change. Also the deprecated task closure has actually been removed. Other highlights are from the release notes:
- Remove the assumption that all instances of a given class have the same metaclass.
- Fixed the method search so that the GantBuilder object referred, to by ant is checked for all closures declared in a target. However, this raises issues, cf. GANT-49.
- Correct Execute.shell method so it works on Windows without Cygwin or MSYS. cf. GANT-38.
- Correct all the tools and target sets so that a GantBinding rather than a Binding is passed. NB This is a breaking API change for anyone who has written their own tools or target sets.
- Add groovyc taskdef to the GantBuilder instance so the user doesn't have to. GANT-19 relates.
- Tidied up the tool and target set classes to ensure that both "<<" and "** *" operators work correctly.
- Stop the binding entry target from being redefined.
- Remove the task entry in the binding. It was deprecated and advertised as being removed in v1.3.
- Added a new Gant constructor to allow precompiled scripts to be used. Provided by Peter Ledbrook, cf. GANT-47.
- Fixes: GANT-19, GANT-32, GANT-38, GANT-42, GANT-45, GANT-46.
- Workaround provided for GANT-49, but a final fix is still needed.
PS The observant amongst you will spot that Canoo reports one unit test failure. However, Bamboo and Buildbot report no test failures, and I get no failures testing manually. If anyone can spot what the problem is and provide a patch, I will release 1.4.1 with the fix. And therecould be a small prize in it :-)
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.