Geek Reading: CDNs, Skimming Attacks, and Clojure in F#
The best links on the net for your reading pleasure concerning everything from design and development to security and startups.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
To start our day we have a post from Machine Learning Mastery about the Python ecosystem for machine learning. Josh Juneau talks about the state of Java EE8 and the question of Oracle’s leadership of various JSRs. This has become a common topic lately, so it is definitely something we need to keep watch on. On DZone Agile we get a post on the Do’s and Don’ts of what to do after getting fired. Anyone with any hiccup in their employment history should take a look at that post.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- Unbundled | ART + marketing
- Is There Value in Having Non-Technical People Do Code Review? | DaedTech
- To learn, you must ship your code | Cindy Potvin
- You Got Fired: Do’s and Don’ts | DZone Agile
- Kanban for Software Testing Teams | DZone Agile
Design and Development
- Closure-based State in F# | DZone Java
- It’s All A/Bout Testing: The Netflix Experimentation Platform | The Netflix Tech Blog
- Comparing Golang with Java | Java Code Geeks
- ES6 & ES7 in the browser | Chromium Blog
- Microservices are about applying a group of Best Practices | Vanilla Java
- Programmatic jcmd Access | Inspired by Actual Events
- Java EE 8 MVC: Global exception handling | Java Code Geeks
- Java EE 8, What is the Current Status: Case Study for Completed Work Since Late 2015 | Josh Juneau
- Simplify Web Service Development With HTTP-RPC | DZone Integration
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
- CDNs aren’t just for caching | Julia Evans
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
- Dealing with Unbalanced Classes, SVMs, Random Forests, and Decision Trees in Python | KD Nuggets
- The Development of Classification as a Learning Machine | KD Nuggets
- Distributed Deep Learning with Caffe Using a MapR Cluster | Java Code Geeks
- Python Ecosystem for Machine Learning | Machine Learning Mastery
Big Data, Visualization, SQL, and NoSQL
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
- 10 Questions to Ask When Evaluating a Software Asset | DZone Agile
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
- A Dramatic Rise in ATM Skimming Attacks | Krebs on Security
- How the Pwnedlist Got Pwned | Krebs on Security
- Programming Digest #157 for May 2, 2016 | Weekly Programming Newsletter
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.