Geek Reading: Myspace Makes the News!
All the best in this weeks nerd reading on startups, career, design, development, and much more!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
In an interesting twist, MySpace makes the news today. Motherboard reports on hackers' claims about having 427 million MySpace passwords. There are some questions about the actual source of the data and when it was retrieved. Bill Jordan talks about the coming crisis in software development. His target is mostly on low-quality applications built by unhappy employees. Julia Evans gives us an interesting post on ways to solve hard problems. I think many programmers forget that there are plenty of libraries that are not part of Apache or something of that nature. Sometimes the problem has already been solved, but not in the way you expected.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- Three ways to solve hard programming problems | Julia Evans
- The Hidden Time-Saving Benefits of Code Reviews | DZone Agile
- The Single Wringable Neck | DZone Agile
- Don’t think big! | Prototyping: From UX to Front End
- The Quiet Crisis unfolding in Software Development | Bill Jordan
- The curse of staying up to date with new technology | Cindy Potvin
Design and Development
- Taming the Golang Stack Trace | Integrated Code
- Try and Catch in Golang | Java Code Geeks
- On the need of a generic library around ANTLR: using reflection to build a metamodel | Java Code Geeks
- Arrays: Disarray or Datarray? | DZone Java
- Pimp My Code, Book 2: Swift and Dynamism | Call Me Fishmeal
- Builder in Java | DZone Java
- Catching Exceptions | Writing an OS in Rust
- The Open Session In View Anti-Pattern | Vlad Mihalcea
- Why do record/replay tests of web applications break? | the morning paper
- Builder in C# | DZone Java
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
- JVM JIT optimization techniques | Advanced Web Machinery
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
- Spot-Check Regression Machine Learning Algorithms in Python with scikit-learn | Machine Learning Mastery
- Introducing our Hybrid lda2vec Algorithm | Stitch Fix Technology – Multithreaded
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
- Here’s 5 Ways You Can Improve Security With Agile Development | DZone Agile
- Hackers Claim to Have a Stunning 427 Million Myspace Passwords | Motherboard
- Web Development Reading List #139: jQuery 3, Web Payment API, And ES6 Tricks | Smashing Magazine
- Programming Digest #161 for May 30, 2016 | Weekly Programming Newsletter
- Double Shot #1694 | A Fresh Cup
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.