Geek Reading: Elastic File System and Twillio
All the day's best reading for techies from around the web, covering security, web development, big data, and much more.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Amazon starts our day again with two new announcements. First, the Elastic File System is now "production ready" in three regions. Also, SNS Messages can now deliver SMS messages worldwide. Thankfully, Twilio was able to have their IPO just before this news, otherwise, that could have been a much different outcome. At Ayende Rahien, we get another post on the database internals, this one focused on managing concurrency. Johanna Rothman continues her Product Owners and Learning series, which is again another great read.
As always, enjoy today's items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- SAFe Versus Scrum at Scale: Which Works Best for You? | DZone Agile
- How Do I Find Good Recruiters? | DaedTech
- How to Help a New Hire Feel Like Part of the Team | Atomic Object
- Product Owners and Learning, Part 5 | Johanna Rothman
Design and Development
- The Librarian: Introduction to Test-Driven Development | Java Code Geeks
- This is Not Your Grandmother’s C++ | Philippe Desjardins-Proulx
- Java 9 Additions To Optional | Java Code Geeks
- Open Source Middleware Market Trends Revisited | DZone Integration
- Cross-Origin Techniques | DZone Integration
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
- Are Web APIs as available and performant as you think? | apiful
- JGroups: Leader election without additional infrastructure | Java Code Geeks
- Why Data Replication Should Not Be Done Using ESB-Based Integration Tools | DZone Integration
- Scaling Hotjar’s Architecture: 9 Lessons Learned | High Scalability
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
- A neural conversation model | the morning paper
- Universal rendering with SwiftShader, now open source | Chromium Blog
- Wide & Deep Learning: Better Together with TensorFlow | Google Research
Big Data, Visualization, SQL, and NoSQL
- The Guts n’ Glory of Database Internals: Managing concurrency | Ayende @ Rahien
- Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 5: Data Visualisation Basics | KD Nuggets
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
- Security Enforcement of Microservices | DZone Integration
- How to Compromise the Enterprise Endpoint | Google Project Zero
- Lossless compression with Brotli in Rust for a bit of Pied Piper on the backend | Dropbox Tech Blog
IaaS, PaaS, Saas, and *aas
- Amazon Elastic File System – Production-Ready in Three Regions | AWS Blog
- Worldwide Delivery of Amazon SNS Messages via SMS | AWS Blog
- Dew Drop – June 29, 2016 (#2278) | Morning Dew
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.