Geek Reading April 13, 2016 #1081
Tons of awesome links on developer careers, application design, and security.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Today we have a mixed bag of articles. On DZone Agile, we get a good post on how to describe accomplishments on a resume. If you have ever been on the hiring side of an interview, you know that geeks have a terribly difficult time with this. At Machine Learning Mastery, we have an excellent introduction to classification and regression trees for machine learning. These types of trees are great to learn as a first step into machine learning. Krebs on Security talks about Adobe patching another Flash Player Zero-Day threat.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career and Process
- How to Describe Accomplishments on a Resume | DZone Agile
- Why No One Talks About Agile Testing! | DZone Agile
Design and Development
- Why we chose Akka for our Cloud Device solution | King Tech Blog
- Ceylon: Object construction and validation | Java Code Geeks
- Streaming template literals | Jake Archibald
- Simple workflow for building web service APIs | Yahoo Engineering
- Spring Boot Configuration Tutorial | Java Code Geeks
- Reclaiming Design Patterns (20 Years Later) | DZone Java
- Avoid Working With Classes and Reflection Where Possible | DZone Java
- Best practices for concurrency control in REST APIs | unacast
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- VIRBs and Sampling Events from Streams | Tech at Magnetic
- Classification And Regression Trees for Machine Learning | Machine Learning Mastery
- Representation Learning and the Information Bottleneck Approach | inFERENCe
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- Getting the Picture | ongoing by Tim Bray
- Data Modeling in Cassandra from a Postgres Perspective | neovintage
- The Fallacy of Measuring Everything | PerezBox
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
Security, Encryption and Cryptography
- Mossack Fonseca Breach – WordPress Revolution Slider Plugin Possible Cause | Wordfence
- Encryption is not Binary | Java Code Geeks
- A Tale of Security Gone Wrong | Gavin Miller
- Adobe Patches Flash Player Zero-Day Threat | Krebs on Security
- If You Can’t Break Crypto, Break the Client: Recovery of Plaintext iMessage Data | Bishop Fox
- Dew Drop – April 8, 2016 (#2226) | Morning Dew
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.