Geek Reading: EBay Merges, Neural Networks in Python, and More
Here's a list of wide ranging and interesting reads that will help you expand your mind. At least one of these items will interest you. I am certain of it.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Today we start with some local flavor. Ebay Enterprise, located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, merges with Innotrac to become Radial. Like many local software developers, I also spent part of my career at what used to be GSI Commerce. Google Research tells us about how they are helping webmasters re-secure their websites. The strangest thing about this is that I did not realize that people really used the term “webmaster” anymore.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career and Process
Design and Development
- Hard Facts About the ROI of Software Testing | DZone Agile
- Learning Rust: Iterator | David Beck
- Well-Written Java 8, 8 Ways | DZone Java
- Spring Oauth2 with JWT Sample | Java Code Geeks
Concurrency, Performance and Scalability
- JLBH Examples 1 – Why Code Should be Benchmarked in Context | Java Code Geeks
- JLBH Examples 2 – Accounting for Coordinated Omission | Java Code Geeks
- A Scalable System for Ingestion and Delivery of Timed Text | The Netflix Tech Blog
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- Practical Guide to implementing Neural Networks in Python (using Theano) | Analytics Vidhya
- Redefining the shading languages ecosystem with SPIR-V | G-Truc
- Singular Value Decomposition Part 1: Perspectives on Linear Algebra | Jeremy Kun
- Context-Dependent Pre-Trained Deep Neural Networks for Large-Vocabulary Speech Recognition | the morning paper
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- Equivalences between Tables, Maps, Graphs, and Sets | planspace
- Five Things Every Startup Should be Doing with its Data | Strong Analytics
- Real-Time Event Streaming: What Are Your Options? | Java Code Geeks
- Interconnectedness of the galaxies | Flowing Data
- Cassandra Native Secondary Index Deep Dive | Java Code Geeks
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
- DevOpsDays: Empathy, Scaling, Docker, Dependencies and Secrets | Building Real Software
- Simulating Auto Scaling Build Clusters Part 3: When Auto Scaling Build Fleets Work | circleci
Security, Encryption and Cryptography
- Helping webmasters re-secure their sites | Google Research
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.