Geek Reading April 22, 2015
Geek Reading April 22, 2015
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Take 60 minutes to understand the Power of the Actor Model with "Designing Reactive Systems: The Role Of Actors In Distributed Architecture". Brought to you in partnership with Lightbend.
There are plenty of interesting articles today. First, WordPress releases v4.1.2, which is mostly a security release. Mobilegeddon began and Google Webmaster Central has a nice FAQ about the update. Mattias Geniar talks about Magento eCommerce PHP remote code execution. NCC Group tells a story about recovering user data from a TrueCrypt drive. Lastly, I would be remiss if I did not include an article about my employer and our product, RSuite. Gary Russo writes about RSuite, MarkLogic and DITA, which helps publishers automate their production of all sorts of publications.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Career and Process
- Modern Extreme Programming | Benji’s Blog
- A Technical Founder’s Notes on Sales Team Management | kwindla hultman kramer
- Consuming RSS feeds in Rails Application | Superfeedr
- GitHub and Jenkins pull request checking | Java Code Geeks
- Fine grained work control | Ayende @ Rahien
- In UX, Less Isn’t Always More | Javalobby
- How Enterprises and Software Testers are Preparing for the Internet of Things | Javalobby
- Dealing with Interruptions | Java Code Geeks
- Design Patterns in the 21st Century: The Chain of Responsibility Pattern | Java Code Geeks
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- Wealth inequality explained in charts | Flowing Data
- Announcing the NOAA Big Data Project | AWS Official Blog
- Far fewer black men than black women | Flowing Data
- Call me maybe: MongoDB stale reads | Aphyr
Enterprise and Web Content Management
- WordPress 4.1.2 Security Release | WordPress
- RSuite, MarkLogic and the DITA Open Toolkit | Gary Russo
- FAQs about the April 21st mobile-friendly update | Google Webmaster Central
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
- Getting started with LXD – the container lightervisor | Stéphane Graber’s website
Security, Encryption and Cryptography
- Magento eCommerce PHP Remote Code Execution | Mattias Geniar
- A back-to-front TrueCrypt recovery story: The plaintext is the ciphertext | NCC Group
- Salt as a Service: Interesting approach to hashing passwords | Darth Null
IaaS, PaaS, Saas and *aas
- Understanding Cloud Pricing Part 2 – Local SSD | Google Cloud Platform
- Stash levels up deployment flexibility with AWS support | Atlassian Blogs
- Dew Drop – April 21, 2015 (#1997) | Morning Dew
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.