Geek Reading April 22, 2016
Geek Reading April 22, 2016
News from the software field, including the barriers to the Tesla X's adoption, the evolving content strategy of a 90s favorite, and an intriguing new security audit tool.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Insight into the right steps to take for migrating workloads to public cloud and successfully reducing cost as a result. Read the Guide.
Reporting from The Next Web leads our day. The Tesla Model X is having some software problems and locking some owners out of their cars. This is probably one of the biggest concerns about software-pervasive cars, bugs. A "highlight" of our childhood is getting modern—as reported by TechCrunch. Highlights magazine reinvents itself as a subscription service complete with videos, activities and more. Amazon made yet another announcement, Amazon Inspector is now generally available. Again, this is a very interesting tool and it could provide some good security help for people.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- What is management work? | Allan Kelly
- Growing Revenue May Kill Your Startup | DZone Agile
- On Logging Hours | DZone Agile
- Technical Certifications and My World’s Greatest Dad Mug | DZone Agile
Design and Development
- Git Pull vs Git Fetch (and Stashing) | Code Ahoy
- How to create a custom Slack integration using webhooks | codeshare
- A Declarative Architecture for Swift Apps | Atomic Object
Concurrency, Performance and Scalability
- How Twitter Handles 3,000 Images Per Second | High Scalability
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- Comprehensive Guide to Learning Python for Data Analysis and Data Science | KD Nuggets
- 7 ways to fail your optimization project | Java Code Geeks
- Machine Learning Meets Economics, Part 2 | Datacratic MLDB
- 10+2 Data Science Methods that Every Data Scientist Should Know in 2016 | Data Scientist TJO in Tokyo
- The amazing power of word vectors | the morning paper
- How to Leverage Custom Shaders in Computer Game Development | Gamasutra: Arty Merts’s Blog
Big Data, Visualization, SQL, and NoSQL
- Row Level Security with PostgreSQL 9.5 | Compose
- School district spending per student | Flowing Data
Infrastructure, Operations, and DevOps
- Stop deploying packages | Stef Walter
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
- Giant Food Sees Giant Card Fraud Spike | Krebs on Security
IaaS, PaaS, Saas, and *aas
- Now Generally Available: Amazon Inspector | Amazon Security Blog
- Automatic replacement of Autoscaling nodes with equivalent spot instances | Cristian Magherusan-Stanciu
Fun and Other stuff
- Children’s magazine Highlights reinvents itself as subscription service with videos, activities & more | TechCrunch
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.