Geek Reading December 2, 2015
Geek Reading December 2, 2015
In our Dec. 2, 2015 edition of Geek Reading, we'll look at personal productivity methods, the secret to being a good boss, and resolving conflicts with Git.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
xMatters delivers integration-driven collaboration that relays data between systems, while engaging the right people to proactively resolve issues. Read the Monitoring in a Connected Enterprise whitepaper and learn about 3 tools for resolving incidents quickly.
We focus on personal productivity to start our day. On the Todoist blog, my favorite productivity tool, they have the “ultimate” guide to personal productivity methods. The guide lists the most popular methods around and provides some good highlights for each. As we head into the new year, this is a good post to review to see how you want to change your habits. On First Round Review we get a post about radical candor. If you are in a leadership position or ever want to be in one, you must read this post. Lastly, we have another security issue, this one reported on by threatpost. It looks like embedded devices are sharing and reusing private SSH keys and HTTPS certificates. As far as I can tell, these devices are not those being touted as part of the “internet of things”, but they can still be compromised with this type of sharing.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
- The Ultimate Guide to Personal Productivity Methods | Todoist Blog
Startups, Career, and Process
- Radical Candor – The Surprising Secret to Being a Good Boss | First Round Review
- How Long Are Your Iterations? Part 2 | Johanna Rothman
Design and Development
- Java 8 Streams API: Grouping and Partitioning a Stream | Java Code Geeks
- What is Stateless User Interface? | Inside 736-131
- 14 tips and tools to resolve conflicts with Git | Atlassian Developers
- Why We Will Lose With Every Technology Choice, in Some Way | DZone Java
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
- A new way to save data with Chrome on Android | Google Chrome Blog
- Deep Lessons from Google and eBay on Building Ecosystems of Microservices | High Scalability
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
- Overfitting, Regularization, and Hyperparameters | Subjective Functions
- Dimensional analysis and types | John D. Cook
Big Data, Visualization, SQL, and NoSQL
- Building a custom analytics solution with Amazon Redshift | alooma
- New Enhancements for Semantics in MarkLogic 8.0-4 | MarkLogic
Infrastructure, Operations, and DevOps
- Distributed Log Search Using GNU Parallel | codehate blog
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
- Securing a Web API with ADFS 3.0 and JWT Tokens | DZone Integration
- Embedded Devices Share, Reuse Private SSH Keys, HTTPs Certificates | threatpost
IaaS, PaaS, Saas, and *aas
- 10 Awesome Docker Tutorials to Kick-Start your DevOps Projects | Java Code Geeks
- Double Shot #1596 | A Fresh Cup
- Dew Drop – December 1, 2015 (#2142) | Morning Dew
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.