Geek Reading February 20, 2015
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Yesterday, Visa announced a more aggressive rollout of its Checkout product. Given that most people do not know what it is, more aggressive sounds like a good idea. Data news was popular as well. Netflix released RAD, its outlier detection tooling. Flowing Data shares a great graphic aboud the impact of vaccines throughout history. Lastly, on JavaLobby we have 10 great SQL articles that everyone should read. This is important because SQL will not go away anytime soon.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
- Visa begins ‘aggressive’ rollout of PayPal competitor Visa Checkout, launching in 10 new markets today | VentureBeat
Career and Process
- Culture is the Core of Your Organization | Javalobby
- Hiring Programmers | Reprogramming
- 3 lessons engineering should learn from sales and upper management | Insight
- Organisation Antipattern: Release Feature Branching | Javalobby
- Reduce allocation in Go code | Python Byte
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- Bayes’ Theorem with Lego | Count Bayesie
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- Streaming Big Data: Storm, Spark and Samza | Java Code Geeks
- Impact of vaccines throughout history | Flowing Data
- Big Data – Process, Success Stories, and Lessons Learnt | Javalobby
- 10 SQL Articles Everyone Must Read | Javalobby
- RAD – Outlier Detection on Big Data | The Netflix Tech Blog
Enterprise and Web Content Management
- WordPress 4.1.1 Maintenance Release | WordPress
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
- Active vs. Passive Server Monitoring | Javalobby
- Multi-Tier Architecture Tutorial using Docker | Java Code Geeks
Security, Encryption and Cryptography
- Using Google Cloud Platform for Security Scanning | Google Cloud Platform Blog
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.