Geek Reading February 28, 2016 #1050
Brain: "So little time." Heart: "Must read!" Take heart today.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
There was not a lot of new yesterday, but there is always some interesting reading. On Conversation Agent, we get a very good post on the difference between power and status. Interestingly, they both can wield influence, which is what most people typically want. At DaedTech, they talk about escaping the legacy skill quicksand. As a software engineer, you really need to be continuously learning because of the rate of change in industry. Troy Hunt shows us how to control a Nissan Leaf using some vulnerable APIs. This is when security issues get just a little scary. Part of me wonders whether this new generation of cars should require a physical connection in order to access the software.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- Escaping the Legacy Skill Quicksand | DaedTech
- The Difference Between Power and Status | Conversation Agent
Design and Development
- 12 Great Web Service Testing Tools | DZone Integration
- Evolution of Systems Integration | Java Code Geeks
- Why CSP matters I: Keeping things in sync | Nicholas Kariniemi
- Kerberos User Impersonation on Tomcat With Apache HttpComponents | DZone Java
- WHY WON’T THIS WORK?! Coding Angry for Fun and Profit | Google Developers
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
- A comparison between PCA and hierarchical clustering | KD Nuggets
- Tree Kernels: Quantifying Similarity Among Tree-Structured Data | KD Nuggets
Big Data, Visualization, SQL, and NoSQL
- R in Ecology | Domino
- The most important thing to know in Cassandra data modeling: The primary key | Java Code Geeks
- Type safety on Spark DataFrames – Part 1 | 51zero
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
- The Flexbox Reading List: Techniques and Tools | Smashing Magazine
- Double Shot #1648 | A Fresh Cup
- Dew Drop – February 24, 2016 (#2195) | Morning Dew
Enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites!
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.