Geek Reading February 26, 2015
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Google makes another big move, this time announcing Google Flights. It isn’t a huge deal yet, but this definitely feels like it could be much bigger. Google also announce Google Play for Work, in a pitch at Android for businesses. Lastly, on Building Real Software they talk about how DevOps is not about speed it is about efficiency and minimizing risk.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
- Get away with Google Flights | Official Google Blog
- Bringing apps to the workplace with Google Play for Work | Android Developers Blog
Career and Process
- Too easy | John D. Cook
- The New Agile: Picking A Winner | Javalobby
- Why We Killed Off Code Reviews | RealScout Engineering
- Buffer Managers, production code and alternative implementations | Ayende @ Rahien
Concurrency, Performance and Scalability
- How to Detect Java Deadlocks Programmatically | Javalobby
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- Maximum clique for massive sparse graphs | biicode Blog
- Deep Learning without Deep Pockets | High Scalability
- From Pixels to Actions: Human-level control through Deep Reinforcement Learning | Google Research Blog
- The Bias-Variance Tradeoff in Statistical Machine Learning – The Regression Setting | QuantStart
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- Stories of the Past and Future | xkcd
- Identifying cheaters in test results, a simple method | Flowing Data
- Using MongoDB with Hadoop & Spark: Part 1 – Introduction & Setup | Javalobby
- ElasticSearch and Denormalization in Rails | Stitch Fix Technology
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
- DevOps is not a Race | Building Real Software
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.