Geek Reading for the Week: July 10
Robert Diana presents the a compilation of articles covering the tech industry, including design and development, performance, and machine learning.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
It was another slow news day, but there is always something interesting to read. First, High Scalability gives us an interesting post on Machine Learning Driven Programming. This is really a post on the directions that companies like Google and Facebook are going, with deep learning replacing whole subsystems. At Ayende @ Rahien, we get the continuation of the database internals series. Today’s installment talks about faster durability, essentially getting your data to disk as fast as possible. On DZone Agile, we get a recruiter’s take on the perfect developer resume. It is more about the structure of the resume, not the technical details since those can change frequently. There are no real surprises, but maybe it helps clean yours up a little.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career and Process
- Suck Less | A Plea For User-Centric Design: Powered By You! | Occam’s Razor
- BDD and Agile Requirements Combined With Cynefin Framework | DZone Agile
- The Perfect Resume | DZone Agile
Design and Development
- Building Angular 2 applications with Immutable.js and Redux | Houssein Djirdeh
- The Need for Bin/start | The Lean Software Boutique
- ES5 Objects vs. ES6 Maps – The differences and similarities | appendTo
- REST Design – Choosing the Right HTTP Method | Code Ahoy
- Pocket watch: Verifying exabytes of data | Dropbox Tech Blog
- Unit, Integration and End-To-End Tests – Finding the Right Balance | Code Ahoy
- Literate programming: presenting code in human order | John D. Cook
- Give Some Ratpack Love to Your Spring Boot Application | DZone Integration
- Fixing the Constructor Anti-Pattern | DZone Java
- Avoidable Collection Mistakes in C# | Programmerisms
- A Primer on the React Ecosystem: Part 1 of 3 | Pattern Hatch
- Create WebPage Screenshots with Node.js and PhantomJS | David Walsh
Concurrency, Performance and Scalability
- The Guts n’ Glory of Database Internals: Getting durable, faster | Ayende @ Rahien
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- Wavelet image hash in Python | Full Stack ML
- Machine Learning Driven Programming: A New Programming for a New World | High Scalability
- Crash Course in Recurrent Neural Networks for Deep Learning | Machine Learning Mastery
- Volumetric Rendering | Alan Zucconi
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- WAL-based Estimates For When a Record Was Changed | End Point Blog
- Stream Windowing Performance Analysis: Concord and Spark Streaming | Concord
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
- Docker Containers on the Desktop | Jessie Frazelle
- Dew Drop – July 6, 2016 (#2281) | Morning Dew
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.