Geek Reading: Google Spaces, Developer Priorities, and Singular Value Decomposition
Google leads our day with their release of Spaces. Michael Bromley has an excellent post on why he hasn’t fixed your issue yet. Jeremy Kun continues with a second part in his writing on singular value decomposition.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Many news sites are calling Google Spaces a messaging platform, but it feels more like a collaboration platform almost like a wiki. Overall, it seems like an odd thing for Google to be working on unless they are really focused on the business use cases. I would think that most developers share Michael Bromley's problem with priorities and time, even when they are talking about their full-time job. Every once in a while, Jeremy Kun provides an excellent explanation of a topic. Today we get his second post on singular value decomposition.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
- Introducing Spaces, a tool for small group sharing | Official Google Blog
Startups, Career, and Process
- Is An In-Depth Knowledge of a Business Domain Necessary for Testing Its Software? | DZone Agile
- Why I Haven’t Fixed Your Issue Yet | Michael Bromley
- Tradeoffs in Coordination Among Teams | Abstractivate
Design and Development
- Simple Asynchronous Microservices using Lambda Architecture. | Vanilla Java
- On the Virtues of Avoiding Parsing or Basing Logic on toString() Result | Inspired by Actual Events
- Java 8: Declare Private and Protected Methods in Interfaces | DZone Java
- RESTful Day #3: Resolve Dependency of Dependencies With Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) | DZone Integration
- Finite state machines with Akka | Codurance
- How I fell in love with a programming language | Signal v. Noise
- Customizing Spring Roo tagx | DZone Java
- Golang – The annoying remote import path | c9s
- Pushy Automata | Apanatshka
- Performing 20,000 concurrent file searches in less than 1 minute. | Automating The Future
- Securing a JSON API REST Service With Spring Boot and Elide | DZone Integration
- Scala EE: Bring the Hate | DZone Java
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
- Singular Value Decomposition Part 2: Theorem, Proof, Algorithm | Jeremy Kun
- An Introduction to Scientific Python (and a Bit of the Maths Behind It) – NumPy | Jamal Moir
- Crash Course On Multi-Layer Perceptron Neural Networks | Machine Learning Mastery
Infrastructure, Operations, and DevOps
- Couchbase Cluster on Docker Swarm using Docker Compose and Docker Machine | Java Code Geeks
- Docker Meets Continuous Deployment | DZone Integration
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.