Geek Reading January 16, 2016
Seth Godin leads the day with his post on resilience. On Laughing Meme, we have an excellent post on technical debt. On DaedTech, we get an interesting post on creative constraints based on his view of the Amazon Echo. Read on for the full list.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Seth Godin leads the day with his post on resilience. Resilience goes with hard work and can really help your career in the long term. On Laughing Meme, we have an excellent post on technical debt; it takes a slightly different slant on technical debt and I don’t agree with everything, but it is worth reading. On DaedTech, we get an interesting post on creative constraints based on his view of the Amazon Echo; it is an interesting look at the Echo, as well as its comparison to other assisting technologies.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- Resilience | Seth Godin
- Should you mind your own business? | Java Code Geeks
- Agile in the Defense Industry: Milestone Reviews | DZone Agile
- On Job Titles: Juniors, Roman Numerals, and the Elusive “Python Architect” | DZone Agile
- Increase Your Excellence Capacity | DZone Agile
- Getting the Job: Job Interview Types – The Minimalist | DZone Agile
Design and Development
- Implications of use of multiple controls in an A/B test | Twitter Blogs
- RESTful Service-Design: How to Overcome the CRUD-nature of the REST-style | DZone Integration
- 7 Steps to Integrate Salesforce With Sharepoint | DZone Integration
- New Languages Will Not Fix Maintainability Issues! | DZone Java
- Elm in the real world | Futurice
- hasattr() Considered Harmful | Hynek Schlawack
- Towards an understanding of technical debt | Laughing Meme
- Testing: Appetite Comes With Eating | Java Code Geeks
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
- Live Video Streaming At Facebook Scale | High Scalability
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
- Performance Problems You Can Fix: A Dynamic Analysis of Memoization Opportunities | Lambda the Ultimate
Big Data, Visualization, SQL, and NoSQL
- Consensus on Transaction Commit | the morning paper
Infrastructure, Operations, and DevOps
- Ansible 2.0 Has Arrived | Ansible
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
- Eliminating Known Vulnerabilities With Snyk | Smashing Magazine
IaaS, PaaS, Saas, and *aas
- Slack Integration Blueprints for AWS Lambda | AWS Official Blog
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.