Geek Reading July 10, 2015
Geek Reading July 10, 2015
Today is devoted solely to all things Amazon as they announced a pile of fun.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Planning to extract out a few microservices from your monolith? Read this free guide to learn the best practice before you get started.
Today is devoted solely to all things Amazon as they announced a pile of fun. AWS CodeCommit, Amazon’s GitHub alternative, is now publicly available. AWS CodePipeline is Amazon’s version of continuous delivery. AWS API Gateway is hard to explain, but it is a mix of a development platform and infrastructure needed to run an API. AWS Service Catalog allows you to create and launch a “stack” of services. VentureBeat reported on AWS Device Farm, which allows you to test apps on Android and FireOS devices.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career and Process
- Starting from scratch: How do you build a world-class research lab? | Ars Technica
- How Not to Make Your Engineer’s Life Completely Terrible | Charlie Deets
- The Computer Science Pipeline & Diversity Part 2 – Some positive signs & looking towards the future | Google Research
Design and Development
- Go, Open Source, Community | The Go Blog
- Exploring Microservices Architecture on Heroku | Java Code Geeks
- Announcing XHP-JS: Building efficient user interface components with Hack, React, and XHP | Facebook Code
Concurrency, Performance and Scalability
- Production postmortem: The case of the infected cluster | Ayende @ Rahien
- Fighting Cancer: The Unexpected Benefit Of Open Sourcing Our Code | CloudFlare
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- Integer Matrices | Graphical Linear Algebra
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- R: dplyr – Error: cannot modify grouping variable | Mark Needham
- The Evolution of Database Schemas using SQL + NoSQL | Java Code Geeks
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
- DevOpsCulture | Martin Fowler
Security, Encryption and Cryptography
- 9-Jul-2015: How RSA works. | Dennis Yurichev
- Estimate of Americans Hit by Government Personnel Data Hack Skyrockets | re/code
IaaS, PaaS, Saas and *aas
- Now Available – AWS CodeCommit | AWS Official Blog
- Now Available – AWS CodePipeline | AWS Official Blog
- Now Available – AWS Service Catalog | AWS Official Blog
- Amazon API Gateway – Build and Run Scalable Application Backends | AWS Official Blog
- Amazon Web Services launches Device Farm to test apps on Android and Fire OS smartphones and tablets | VentureBeat
Fun and Other stuff
- Netflix and the Conservation of Attractive Profits | Stratechery by Ben Thompson
- American Express Launches Its Own PayPal Alternative | re/code
- Dew Drop – July 9, 2015 (#2050) | Morning Dew
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.