Geek Reading July 11, 2014
Geek Reading July 11, 2014
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
FlexNet Code Aware, a free scan tool for developers. Scan Java, NuGet, and NPM packages for open source security and open source license compliance issues.
I have talked about human filters and my plan for digital curation. These items are the fruits of those ideas, the items I deemed worthy from my daily reading. These items are a combination of tech business news, development news and programming tools and techniques. You will note that some of the formatting has changed, and that is due to the change in my process. Formatting, and the information presented, is likely to change a bit as I develop my new process.
- PostgreSQL Performance on Docker | Inside Dave’s Head
- Global Snow | What If
- Using Quepid to Improve Relevancy of Advance Auto Intranet Search | OpenSource Connections
- Configuring Chef part 1 | Java Code Geeks
- LG cooks up more flexible & less hazy 18-inch OLED panels | VentureBeat
- FoamTree: Visualize hierarchical data with a lot of groups | Flowing Data
- The Era of Notability | Nefarious Plots
- Building a Community for High Schoolers Who Code | Facebook Stories
- How to build a fixed menu in 3 easy steps | Web Builder Zone
- The Bystander Effect: Why Companies Fail to Change | Javalobby
- TDD in Mobile Development, Part 2: Portable Tiny Inversion of Control Container | Javalobby
- Rolling Time Window Counters with Redis and Mitigating Botnet-Driven Login Attacks | Javalobby
- RxJava + Java8 + Java EE 7 + Arquillian = Bliss | Javalobby
- Hierarchical Pattern Recognition | Kenny Bastani
- New Cross-Platform Tools for Game Developers | Android Developers Blog
- Design Sprints for Developers | Google Developers Blog
- Dew Drop – July 10, 2014 (#1811) | Morning Dew
- 6 Reasons Not to Switch to Java 8 Just Yet | Java Code Geeks
- New AWS Mobile Services | Amazon AWS
- Amazon Zocalo – Document Storage and Sharing for the Enterprise | Amazon AWS
- What the Hell is a Data Warehouse? | The Data Point
- Beware the ‘Edifice Complex’ – and 9 Other Ways to Damage a High-Growth Startup | Andreessen Horowitz
- Running Kubernetes Example on CoreOS, Part 1 | CoreOS Blog
- Customer churn can kill your startup | Tom Blomfield
- Stop What You’re Doing and Lazy Load Your Assets | Mighty Spring
- The Cult of ‘Killing It’ | Jason Traff
- When REST Gets Messy | Zapier
I hope you enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on those sites.
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.