Geek Reading: Grails REST, Spring Social, Guts n' Glory, and More
Need your fix of links to read through this weekend? Have a look through these to get you what you want.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The Google Security Blog starts our day as they talk about experimenting with post-quantum cryptography. Most of us do not need to worry about the details of this, but just be glad that some very smart people are doing something. Ayende @ Rahien continues the database internals series with two more posts on the performance of writing data to files. There is a good amount of detail on the potential issues around this, so the posts are very interesting reading. Zed A. Shaw has an excellent rant on the fact that programmers really need to learn more about statistics, or at least stop acting like they know more than they do. Personally, I do think most programmers would benefit from learning more about statistics, but it is a large field and takes a good amount of time to study.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- Faster Than the Rest: Why Staying Agile Is the Key to Startup Success | DZone Agile
- A way to be Agile without micromanagement | Edoardo Turelli
- 7 Habits of Super Productive Java Developers | DZone Java
Design and Development
- Failure is not an option; it’s a requirement | Dialed In
- Quick Sort Algorithm – Explanation and Implementation | CodinGeek
- Grails REST Example | Java Code Geeks
- Leaving Unhandled Errors Behind | DZone Java
- Goldilocks Microservices | Java Code Geeks
- How to Use Spring Social With Facebook Part I | DZone Java
- Building a Web UI for MySQL Databases in Plain Java | DZone Java
- Insertion to Linked List – Explanation, Types and Implementation | CodinGeek
- Simplest C# code to post a tweet using OAuth | Danny Tuppeny
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
- Multi-domain dialog state tracking using recurrent neural networks | the morning paper
- How to Get Started with Java Machine Learning | Takipi Blog
- Support Vector Machines: A Simple Explanation | KD Nuggets
- Ten challenges in highly-interactive dialog systems | the morning paper
Big Data, Visualization, SQL, and NoSQL
- The Guts n’ Glory of Database Internals: Writing to a data file | Ayende @ Rahien
- The Guts n’ Glory of Database Internals: The enemy of thy database is… | Ayende @ Rahien
- Programmers Need To Learn Statistics Or I Will Kill Them All | Zed A. Shaw
Infrastructure, Operations, and DevOps
- DevOps is disintegrating. But maybe that’s OK | TechBeacon
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
- Increase Security by Transitioning From Monolith to Microservices Architecture | DZone
- Experimenting with Post-Quantum Cryptography | Google Security Blog
- Dew Drop – July 7, 2016 (#2282) | Morning Dew
- Web Development Reading List #144: CSP Mistakes, JS Debugging And Failure Testing | Smashing Magazine
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.