Geek Reading: Groovy Code, Swift Changes, and More!
Flexible code, software automation on the cheap, tuning your camel, TensorFlow does K means. Lots of good reads here.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Some big news leads the day. First, LinkedIn announced they are being acquired by Microsoft. According to reports, the purchase price is over $26 Billion in all cash. I have no idea why Microsoft wants this deal, so we will have to wait and see what happens. Google announced Tango, with the first enable phone, the Lenovo PHAB2 Pro. There is a lot to Tango, but in many cases it is one of the first augmented reality devices. At Salmon Run we get a cool post about using Elasticsearch for image searches based on RGB signatures.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
- Microsoft and LinkedIn: Together Changing the Way the World Works | LinkedIn
- Tango: See more with a new kind of phone | Official Google Blog
Startups, Career, and Process
- The Case for and Against Estimates, Part 3 | Johanna Rothman
- Creating Your Code Review Checklist | DaedTech
- The Case for and Against Estimates, Part 4 | Johanna Rothman
Design and Development
- A Basic Builder With Groovy | DZone Java
- Hotspot Patterns: The formal definition and automatic detection of architecture smells | the morning paper
- Five Tips for Writing Flexible Code | Atomic Object
- The bad practice in FOSS projects management | Julien Danjou
- Carving the Java EE Monolith Into Microservices: Perfer Verticals Not Layers | Christian Posta
- Dear Erica: What’s the biggest and best Swift 3 change? | Erica Sadun
- Scala HTTP Example | Java Code Geeks
- Software Automation On a Budget | Java Code Geeks
- Why Rust for Low-level Linux programming? | Groveronline
- How to spy on a Ruby program | Julia Evans
- Mutation Testing | Clean Coder Blog
- Spark Streaming Testing with Scala Example | Java Code Geeks
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
- Performance Tuning Ideas for Apache Camel | DZone Integration
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- Your First Machine Learning Project in Python Step-By-Step | Machine Learning Mastery
- K-means in TensorFlow | This is not space science
- Elasticsearch based Image Search using RGB Signatures | Salmon Run
- Dew Drop – June 10, 2016 (#2269) | Morning Dew
- Web Development Reading List #141: jQuery 3, Chillout.js, And How Technology Shapes Society | Smashing Magazine
- Programming Digest #163 for June 13, 2016 | Weekly Programming Newsletter
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.