Geek Reading June 17, 2015
Geek Reading June 17, 2015
First, Allan Kelly talks about the difference between scarcity and slack, particularly in the real of agile planning, plus some great links on databases.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Compliant Database DevOps and the role of DevSecOps DevOps is becoming the new normal in application development, and DevSecOps is now entering the picture. By balancing the desire to release code faster with the need for the same code to be secure, it addresses increasing demands for data privacy. But what about the database? How can databases be included in both DevOps and DevSecOps? What additional measures should be considered to achieve truly compliant database DevOps? This whitepaper provides a valuable insight. Get the whitepaper
Today we have more job and process related goodness. First, Allan Kelly talks about the difference between scarcity and slack, particularly in the real of agile planning. It is definitely an interesting idea and one that I will be looking into. On Job Tips For Geeks, Dave Fecak talks about how engineers get found (or not) on LinkedIn. Remember, this is a look into the mind of a recruiter, so if you are looking for a job you should read that blog.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career and Process
- Scarcity, not Slack | Allan Kelly
- Agile Estimation – Are We Missing Something? | Javalobby
- How Engineers Get Found on LinkedIn (and how to hide) | Job Tips For Geeks
Design and Development
- 8 Useful Guidelines and Filters for AngularJS | Javalobby
- Learning Go with flashcards and spaced repetition | Atlassian Developers
- Building Microservices: Using an API Gateway | Javalobby
- Unit and Integration are Ambiguous Names for Tests | Javalobby
- Creating a Web App From Scratch Using Python Flask and MySQL | Tuts+ Code Tutorial
- Parameter and Return Type Interfaces | Brendan Enrick
- Progressive Apps: Escaping Tabs Without Losing Our Soul | Infrequently Noted
Concurrency, Performance and Scalability
- GC tuning in practice | Java Code Geeks
- How to Load Test & Tune Performance on Your API (Part II) | Javalobby
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- The Traveling Tesla Salesman | Random Points
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- Twitter Heron: Stream Processing at Scale | the morning paper
- Northwind: Finding direct/transitive Reports in SQL and Neo4j’s Cypher | Mark Needham
- Speed up GROUP BY queries with subselects in MySQL | Javalobby
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
Security, Encryption and Cryptography
IaaS, PaaS, Saas and *aas
- App Engine for PHP is generally available. Build scalable apps, faster. | Google Cloud Platform
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.