Geek Reading: Functional Java and What Docker Really Is
This week's Geek Reading also includes AWS Elastic Network Adapter, high-performance Java tips, and R interactive flow visualization.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Amazon AWS starts our day with the availability of their Elastic Network Adapter. This is more infrastructure from Amazon in their quest to have you own no IT hardware. On Ayende @ Rahien, we have another database internals post, this one about managing records. This post really starts to show how complex database systems are for the simplest use cases. Johanna Rothman continues her Product Owners and Learning series. This installment, as much of her content, is something everyone should read.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career and Process
- Technical debt … or technical weight? | Bart Wronski
- The Evolution of the Product Owner | DZone Agile
- Product Owners and Learning, Part 4 | Johanna Rothman
- Curious Customer | Jay Fields’ Thoughts
Design and Development
- Netflix and the IMF Community | The Netflix Tech Blog
- Functor and monad examples in plain Java | Java Code Geeks
- Are You Smarter Than the Compiler? | Atomic Object
- Overview of Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) | DZone Java
- @MockBean – Spring Boot’s Missing Ingredient | DZone Java
- Forget Guava: 5 Google Libraries Java Developers Should Know | Takipi Blog
- Functional Programming in Pure Java: Functor and Monad Examples | DZone Java
- An Introduction To Redux | Smashing Magazine
- Java 8: CompletableFuture vs Parallel Stream | Java Code Geeks
Concurrency, Performance and Scalability
- How Facebook Live Streams to 800,000 Simultaneous Viewers | High Scalability
- 14 High-Performance Java Persistence Tips | Vlad Mihalcea
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- How to Start Learning Deep Learning | Ofir Press
- A survey of available corpora for building data-driven dialogue systems | the morning paper
- Introduction to the PID Control Algorithm | Atomic Object
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- The Guts n’ Glory of Database Internals: Managing records | Ayende @ Rahien
- Distributions of Annual Income | Flowing Data
- Interactive flow visualization in R | Kyle E. Walker
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
- What Docker really is | Wojciech A. Koszek
IaaS, PaaS, Saas and *aas
- Dew Drop – June 28, 2016 (#2277) | Morning Dew
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.