Geek Reading March 25, 2015
Geek Reading March 25, 2015
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Get the Edge with a Professional Java IDE. 30-day free trial.
Today we have a few top stories for you. First, Apple announced their acquisition of FoundationDB. I am curious what this purchase is really about, but we will have to wait and see. Both Sides of the Table brings us an interview with Fred Wilson that is very informative. Lastly, Seth Godin talks about how some of the harder things are more worthwhile. It is definitely a good, short read.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
- What I’ve Learned from Fred Wilson | Both Sides of the Table
- Of course it’s difficult… | Seth Godin
- Apple Acquires Durable Database Company FoundationDB | Tech Crunch
Career and Process
- User Story Guidelines | Java Code Geeks
- LinkedIn’s New Graduate School Rankings: Taking the Guesswork out of Grad School Decisions | LinkedIn Blog
- The Idiot Line | BiasedBit
- Creating Fakes in Go with Channels | Java Code Geeks
- Configuration Files, Environment Variables, and Command-Line Options | S.Lott – Software Architect
- System Context Diagram as Code | Javalobby
- A Hint of What’s to Come: AngularJS 2.0 | DZone
- Java 8 Functional Interfaces and Checked Exceptions | Javalobby
- Classp: a “classier” way to parse | Google Open Source Blog
- Complexity theory isn’t required to be a programmer | Musing Mortoray
Concurrency, Performance and Scalability
- OpenZFS: Reducing ARC Lock Contention | Prakash Surya
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- Fitting a triangular distribution | John D. Cook
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- A beard scale for baseball | Flowing Data
- Machine Data for End-to-End IoT System Monitoring | Javalobby
- Getting Started with Couchbase and Spring Data Couchbase | Javalobby
- Firefly, Instant, Full-Text Search Engine for Dropbox (Part 1) | Dropbox
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
- The Storage Network of the Future Will Feature Objects Prominently | Javalobby
- How Docker Made Coding and Testing New Projects Fun and Accessible | Giant Swarm Blog
Security, Encryption and Cryptography
- Twitch Resets All User Passwords After Suffering Data Breach | TechCrunch
- Even more unwanted software protection via the Safe Browsing API | Google Online Security Blog
IaaS, PaaS, Saas and *aas
- New – Cross-Region Replication for Amazon S3 | AWS Official Blog
Fun and Other stuff
- New DNA construct can set off a “mutagenic chain reaction” | Ars Technica
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.