Geek Reading March 27, 2015
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Backchannel starts our day with a discussion of the three phases of consumer products. If you are a startup in the consumer space, you should definitely read it. For the second day in a row Valeria Maltoni, writing at Conversation Agent, gives us some excellent content. Today she talks about how access has more value than information. Johanna Rothman sheds some light on why managers ask for estimates. It is really good information for those people that do not pay attention to the business side of a company.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
- Three Phases of Consumer Products | Backchannel
- Access has More Value than Information | Conversation Agent – Valeria Maltoni
Career and Process
- No Time to Learn | Javalobby
- Why Managers Ask for Estimates and What They Need to Know | Johanna Rothman
- Why Go’s design is a disservice to intelligent programmers | Nomad Software
- Google PageSpeed Double Loading: A Third Party Blind Spot | Javalobby
- How to wait for DOM elements to show up in modern browsers | Swizec Teller
Concurrency, Performance and Scalability
- You Cannot Have Exactly-Once Delivery | Brave New Geek
- The Four Month Bug: JVM statistics cause garbage collection pauses | evanjones.ca
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- Clinical trials and machine learning | John D. Cook
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- Dropwizard, Hibernate, mySQL, & Deadlocks | Javalobby
- How to batch DELETE statements with Hibernate | Vlad Mihalcea
- How to Consistently Hire Remarkable Data Scientists | First Round Review
Infrastructure, Operations and DevOps
- Sandboxing Code in the Era of Containers | AWS Startup Collection
IaaS, PaaS, Saas and *aas
- Deploy popular software packages using Cloud Launcher | Google Cloud Platform
- Amazon Goes After Dropbox, Google, Microsoft With Unlimited Cloud Drive Storage | TechCrunch
Fun and Other stuff
- Future of the Internet | Javalobby
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.