Geek Reading March 3, 2016 #1055
Here are the latest geek reading articles, from leadership lessons to microservices, Netflix and Uber happenings, and more!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Thankfully, yesterday was a slower news day. Today we get to focus on more development related stories. On the Netflix Tech Blog, they show us how they are caching content around the world. RedHat talks about 10 things to avoid in Docker containers. Martin Fowler starts his part of the discussion on infrastructure as code. At disjoint.ca, we get an interesting article on using a serverless architecture to deliver IRC webhook notifications. The most important part of this is the serverless architecture. We are seeing more articles using things like Amazon AWS Lambda to host parts of their logic.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- The Fallacy of Knowing What to Build – The Post Mortem | DZone Agile
- 7 Leadership Lessons From a First-time Manager | DZone Agile
Design and Development
- Frequently rediscovered technologies | John D Cook
- 0 to Microservice in 5 minutes with Go, go-microservice-template and Minke | Nic Jackson
- Parallel execution of blocking tasks with RxJava and Completable | Java Code Geeks
- Infinite Scrolling, Pagination Or “Load More” Buttons? Usability Findings In eCommerce | Smashing Magazine
- Multi-level grouping with streams | Java Code Geeks
- Chatter Extracted From Scalesmall | David Beck
- Creating a Markdown Editor with VueJs and GitHub’s API | coligo
- Selling Your Boss On That Shiny New Tool | DaedTech
- Angular’s Models Conform To The M In MVC just fine | Paul Hammant
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
- Caching for a Global Netflix | The Netflix Tech Blog
- How We Built Uber Engineering’s Highest Query per Second Service Using Go | Uber Engineering
- Reducing Memory Access Times with Caches | RedHat Developer Blog
Big Data, Visualization, SQL, and NoSQL
- Impact of Best Picture Oscar nomination on profit | Flowing Data
- The Five Stages of NoSQL | Kevin Sookocheff
- Visual Logic Authoring vs Code | Domino
- Hands On Postgres Sharding | Craig Kerstiens
Infrastructure, Operations, and DevOps
- 10 things to avoid in docker containers | RedHat Developer Blog
- Rethinking Integration Solutions: From SOA and Integration to the Future | DZone Integration
- InfrastructureAsCode | Martin Fowler
- How to Deploy Software | Zach Holman
IaaS, PaaS, Saas, and *aas
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.