Geek Reading March 5, 2015
Geek Reading March 5, 2015
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The Agile Zone is brought to you in partnership with Techtown Training. Learn how DevOps and SAFe® can be used either separately or in unison as a way to make your organization more efficient, more effective, and more successful in our SAFe® vs DevOps eBook.
Not surprisingly, another security issue leads today’s stories. TechCrunch brings us a story about the “FREAK” flaw, which obviously was a hot topic of the day. Also on TechCrunch, Alibaba made some news as well, announcing their decision to bring their cloud services to the US. This means yet another competitor in this already crowded space. For a little fun, check out the latest XKCD comic, Insurance.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
- “FREAK” Security Flaw Discovered Lurking In Many Computers For Decades, Apple Promises Fix Next Week | TechCrunch
Career and Process
- Performance Reviews Simplified | DaedTech
- Utility Classes Have Nothing to Do With Functional Programming | Java Code Geeks
- Starting off in Rust: Trying to write a shell | Alex Chernyakhovsky
- Interface Evolution With Default Methods – Part I: Methods | Java Code Geeks
- Why Angular is Not Only for Single Page Web Apps | Javalobby
- Getting Acquainted with MIO | Andrew Hobden
- Using Google Cloud Pub/Sub to Connect Applications and Data Streams | Google Cloud Platform Blog
- Java Bootstrap: Dropwizard vs. Spring Boot | Java Code Geeks
- Head first elastic search on java with spring boot and data features | Java Code Geeks
Concurrency, Performance and Scalability
- Profiling the profiler: working around a six minute xperf hang | Random ASCII
- Performance Tuning Linux Instances on EC2 | Brendan Gregg
- Shared Dictionary Compression for HTTP at LinkedIn. | LinkedIn Engineering
- 10 Reasons to Consider a Multi-Model Database | High Scalability
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- A step closer to quantum computation with Quantum Error Correction | Google Research Blog
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- Your Options for Optimizing the Performance of MySQL Databases | Javalobby
- Turning the database inside-out with Apache Samza | Confluent
Security, Encryption and Cryptography
- Are Transparency and Security Incompatible? | Javalobby
- Putting Security into Sprints | Building Real Software
IaaS, PaaS, Saas and *aas
- Alibaba Is Expanding Its Cloud Services To The U.S. To Give Amazon New Competition | TechCrunch
- New – Amazon Cognito Streams | AWS Official Blog
Fun and Other stuff
- Insurance | xkcd
- Dew Drop – March 4, 2015 (#1967) | Morning Dew
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.