Geek Reading March 7, 2016 #1057
Geek Reading March 7, 2016 #1057
Okay, no one can read all these books. But you owe it to yourself to at least class at a couple of these great reads!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
xMatters delivers integration-driven collaboration that relays data between systems, while engaging the right people to proactively resolve issues. Read the Monitoring in a Connected Enterprise whitepaper and learn about 3 tools for resolving incidents quickly.
There are a lot of good articles to read today. First, on High Scalability, we get a post about an async Tarantool queue. It is interesting reading if you are into that kind of thing. Also on the performance front, we get an article on Java Code Geeks about scalable I/O and whether to use event-based or multithread-based processing. Lastly, we have a post from Julia Evans about “the stack”. It is a nice post, but the real reason for sharing is that Julia is becoming another of my favorite reads and reinforcing a trend of more excellent female tech bloggers. She definitely has a blog that you should start following.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- We Hire the Best, Just Like Everyone Else | Coding Horror
- The 13 Developer Skills That Will Get You Hired | DZone Agile
Design and Development
- Don’t Hate The HATEOAS | Java Code Geeks
- Challenges and Opportunities in Developing and Testing Next-Generation Applications | DZone Integration
- What is “the stack”? | Julia Evans
- Scala: Variables and Values | DZone Java
- Use a static analyzer or two | Simplify C++!
- Object Semantics and Heap Management: Equality vs. Identity | DZone Java
- Don’t add unnecessary checks to your code, pretty please! | The Holy Java
- SVG Filters: How to Apply Them to HTML Elements | NOUPE
- Microservices Ending up as a Distributed Monolith | InfoQ
- No Compiler | Run Hello
- How to Use Spring IO and Spring Boot Together | DZone Integration
- Why the Platform I’m Coding Will Probably Drive You Crazy | DZone Agile
- Assembly Optimizations I: (Un)Packing Structures | Haneef Mubarak
- Scala: Introduction to Functions | DZone Java
- How to Run a Remote Usability Test | Stay In Tech
- Building microservices with Scala and akka-http | unacast
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
- Asyncio Tarantool Queue, get in the queue | High Scalability
- Scalable I/O: Events- Vs Multithreading-based | Java Code Geeks
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
Big Data, Visualization, SQL, and NoSQL
- Stack Overflow’s Bosun Architecture | Kyle Brandt
- Linking Apache Ignite and Apache Kafka for Highly Scalable and Reliable Data Processing | DZone Integration
- Serializable cross shard client-side transactions | rystsov
Infrastructure, Operations, and DevOps
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
- 1Password sends your password across the loopback interface in clear text | Ross Hosman
- Getting started with OAuth2 in Go | Jacob Martin
- Web Development Reading List #127: jQuery 3, UX Research And XSS In Ads | Smashing Magazine
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.