Geek Reading: Rust, San Francisco, and More
Parsey McParseface, why move to San Francisco, ironing out the details of rust, I'm a little TPOT, and other such fun topics in today's reading list!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Google Research leads our day with the announcement of SyntaxNet. This is a great release and it will be interesting to see how things evolve. On KD Nuggets they talk about TPOT, a Python tool for automating data science. Machine Learning Mastery talks about understanding your machine learning data with descriptive statistics. This is another Python related post, but it has a lot of good data processing information.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career and Process
- Does it even make sense to move to San Francisco? | Swizec Teller
- The Gravitational Force of Wage Labor | DaedTech
- Management for the masses? | Allan Kelly
- 10 Tips for Writing Good User Stories | DZone Agile
Design and Development
- An example of releasing the GIL with Cython: Multi-threading spaCy’s parser and named entity recogniser | spaCy
- A second try at using Rust | Julia Evans
- Investigating Erlang by reading its system calls | Julia Evans
- Generator comprehensions | Ned Batchelder
- The Top 100 Java Libraries in 2016 – After Analyzing 47,251 Dependencies | Java Code Geeks
- Cache-Control: immutable | Bits Up!
- Static Methods are Fine | DZone Java
- Test Faster and Smarter by Testing in Production | DZone Agile
- Extreme Laziness: Developing Jax-RS Services With Spring Boot | DZone Java
- Exercises in Kotlin: Part 5 – Classes | DZone Java
- Ratpack, Couchbase, and RxJava | DZone Java
AI, Machine Learning, Research and Advanced Algorithms
- Announcing SyntaxNet: The World’s Most Accurate Parser Goes Open Source | Google Research
- TPOT : A Python Tool for Automating Data Science | KD Nuggets
- Visualize Machine Learning Data in Python With Pandas | Machine Learning Mastery
- Building a news recommender based on users preferences | craft ai
Big Data, Visualization, SQL and NoSQL
- Understand Your Machine Learning Data With Descriptive Statistics in Python | Machine Learning Mastery
IaaS, PaaS, Saas and *aas
- Elastic infrastructure in practice | Java Code Geeks
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.