Geek Reading: Startups, Application Design, and More
Some good notes for startups. A little bit about design patterns. And sprinklings about AI and security. All the usual good reads.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Some security related items start our week. As reported by detectify, some Slack bots are leaking their tokens. Sometimes simple ways to integrate into applications allow developers to get a little lazy. Google Cloud Platform announced some new ISO security and privacy certifications. This is more important for larger enterprises that care about that type of thing. Twitter talks about their cloud platform, Compute. Another interesting article comes from marmelab, where they explain the blockchain for web developers.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- The Number One Tip to Help Junior Developers Become Senior Developers | DZone Agile
- 10 Tips for Writing Good User Stories | Java Code Geeks
- Agile Economics: Delusions of Grandeur | Gil Zilberfeld
- Managing Software Development Through Kanban and Trello | DZone Agile
- Lead, Follow or Get the Fuck Out of the Way | Both Sides of the Table
- Hiring is Broken… And It Isn’t Worth Fixing | DaedTech
- How an Organizational Structure Affects Test Quality | DZone Agile
- Is Anxiety Hurting Your Performance? | DZone Agile
- What really must a Scrum Master do? | Java Code Geeks
Design and Development
- Modernized Pattern Implementation With CDI: The Maximal Decoupled “Virtual Chain Of Responsibility” | DZone Java
- The Blockchain Explained to Web Developers, Part 1: The Theory | marmelab
- A polyglot’s guide to multiple dispatch – part 4 | Eli Bendersky’s website
- Microservices Arrived at Your Home | DZone Integration
- Design Patterns Are Not Blueprints | DZone Java
Concurrency, Performance and Scalability
- Optimizing Distributed Actor Systems for Dynamic Interactive Services | the morning paper
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
- Markov Chain Monte Carlo sampling | Alexander Galea
Infrastructure, Operations, and DevOps
- Overview of the Twitter Cloud Platform: Compute | Twitter Blogs
- Do You Test Your IT Operations and Business Processes? | DZone Agile
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
IaaS, PaaS, Saas, and *aas
- Now playing: New ISO security and privacy certifications for Google Cloud Platform | Google Cloud Platform Blog
- How we found a bug in Amazon ELB | Sysdig
- Dew Drop – April 28, 2016 (#2240) | Morning Dew
- Dew Drop – April 29, 2016 (#2241) | Morning Dew
- Web Development Reading List #135: Boxy SVG, How To Keep Up, CSS Frameworks | Smashing Magazine
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.