Geek Reading: Machine Learning Projects, Startups, and Design Patterns
Speed or acceleration? Design patterns as tools. Five machine learning projects you need to know. And, much more...
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Starting our week, we focus on job-related posts. First, on Conversation Agent, Valeria Maltoni talks about mastering skill as the foundation for creative work. Johanna Rothman explains the difference between Velocity and Acceleration on Agile projects. I have seen many instances of this problem before. DaedTech has an interesting post about getting a raise. This is not your typical “how to get a raise” post.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- Mastering Skill as a Foundation for Creative Work | Conversation Agent – Valeria Maltoni
- How I Satisfied My Passion for Software Development and Open-Source by Doing a Part-Time PhD | IT with Passion
- Tips for beginning systems and software engineers | Ilya Sher
- Velocity is Not Acceleration | Johanna Rothman
- Startup Bubbles Bursting | DZone Agile
- 6 Ways to Modernize Product Development Process for B2B Disruption | DZone Agile
- How to Get a Raise | DaedTech
Design and Development
- Good Configuration Feedback is Essential | Bruce Hauman
- When You Need an Explanation? | DZone Agile
- Software Design Patterns Are Not Goals, They Are Tools | Exception Not Found
- Scalaz Features for Everyday Usage Part 3: State Monad, Writer Monad, and Lenses | DZone Java
- Powerful Tactic to Use Exception Mapper in Dropwizard | DZone Integration
- The promise of static typing | IG Labs
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
- Scaling NSQ to 750 Billion Messages | Segment
- What’s the Difference Between BLOCKED, WAITING, And TIMED_WAITING? | DZone Java
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
- Getting insight from reviews using Machine Learning | MonkeyLearn
- 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook | KD Nuggets
- Feature Selection For Machine Learning in Python | Machine Learning Mastery
Infrastructure, Operations, and DevOps
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
- Noodles & Company Probes Breach Claims | Krebs on Security
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.