Geek Reading September 5, 2014
Geek Reading September 5, 2014
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
How to Transform Your Business in the Digital Age: Learn how organizations are re-architecting their integration strategy with data-driven app integration for true digital transformation.
I have talked about human filters and my plan for digital curation. These items are the fruits of those ideas, the items I deemed worthy from my daily reading. These items are a combination of tech business news, development news and programming tools and techniques. You will note that some of the formatting has changed, and that is due to the change in my process. Formatting, and the information presented, is likely to change a bit as I develop my new process.
- Estimation | The Programmer’s Paradox
- Google Chrome for Android Gets Material Design Makeover | The Next Web
- JSX, XML-like syntax extension to ECMAScript | Facebook GitHub
- The ABCs of REST | Javalobby
- Using a Graph Database for Deep Learning Text Classification | Javalobby
- Two-Phase-Commit for Distributed In-Memory Caches | Javalobby
- EJB 3.x : Lifecycle and Concurrency models (part 2) | Java Code Geeks
- Docker and the Application Supply Chain Challenge | Javalobby
- JPA Tutorial: Setting up Persistence Configuration for Java SE Environment | Javalobby
- API Testing: Quick, Dirty, and Automated | S.Lott – Software Architect
- Dew Drop – September 4, 2014 (#1848) | Morning Dew
- Runtime Commited Heap Resizing | Javalobby
- What is Syslog? | Javalobby
- Animating Without jQuery | Smashing Magazine
- Raking through the parallelism tool-shed: the curious case of matrix-matrix multiplication | MSDN Blogs
- RSuite CMS Success Stories: MarkLogic, Diane Burley | RSI Content Solutions
- Setting up a ruby development VM with Vagrant, Chef, and rbenv | Martin Fowler
- Read Replicas now available in Google Cloud SQL | Google Cloud Platform Blog
- jUnit: Rules | Java Code Geeks
- Java Concurrency Tutorial – Locking: Intrinsic locks | Java Code Geeks
- Trackur launches Senfluence: big data APIs, small price tag | Marketing Pilgrim
- Optimizing for Bandwidth on Apache and Nginx | Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
- WordPress 4.0 “Benny” | WordPress
- Behemoth Argentine dinosaur Dreadnoughtus made T. rex look puny | Reuters
- Don’t Do This If You’re Hiring in Tech | Geoffrey Weg
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Coursera | Web Policy
- Data Mining Reveals How Social Coding Succeeds (And Fails) | MIT Technology Review
- Why Walking Helps Us Think | The New Yorker
- With Named Data Networking, a group of researchers promise a future without servers and IP addresses | GigaOm
- Designing a Personal Knowledgebase | A Curious Mix
- The Science of Crawl (Part 1): Deduplication of Web Content | URX Blog
I hope you enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on those sites.
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.