Geek Reading: Threads, Validation, Phishing
There was no major news from yesterday, so our focus will just be on good content: we link to posts about threaded coding, computer science data competitions, and facebook phishing.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Ilya Sher gives us an excellent article on threads, race conditions, and deadlock. This is a good read for anyone that needs to write code using threads or locks. On FastML, they talk about adversarial validation, something that is somewhat common in data science competitions. More importantly, it shows the need for good test and validation data. Adam Caudill has an interesting post about seamless phishing. The examples with Facebook apps are very interesting because they show how simple it could be to use a malicious app.
As always, enjoy today’s items, and please participate in the discussions on these sites.
Startups, Career, and Process
- Corporate Strategy Conformism | Reflections Of The Void
- Let’s talk about confidence | Coding with Honour
Design and Development
- Is there any evidence for ripple effect? | Edmund Kirwan
- The Role of Log Files in Experiments | DaedTech
- Six nifty ES6 tricks | 2ality
- Double-ended vector – is it useful? | larshagencpp
- Immutable pointers – a pattern for modular design to help achieve microservices | Java Code Geeks
- Python Collections Abstract Base Classes | DZone Integration
- React Native Experimental Navigation with Redux | The Bakery
- Akka Notes – Finite State Machines – 1 | Java Code Geeks
- Map, Reduce and other Higher Order Functions | Ryan Guill
- Unsafe abstractions | Baby Steps
- Going native with React Native | Cloudoki
Concurrency, Performance, and Scalability
- Small intro to threads, race conditions and locking | Ilya Sher
- Message Durability in ActiveMQ 5.x | Java Code Geeks
- Apache Spark as a Compiler: Joining a Billion Rows on your Laptop: A deep dive into the Tungsten Engine | databricks
AI, Machine Learning, Research, and Advanced Algorithms
- Evaluate the Performance of Machine Learning Algorithms in Python using Resampling | Machine Learning Mastery
- Adversarial validation, part one | FastML
- The Busy Beaver Game | John Carlos Baez
Security, Encryption, and Cryptography
- The common thread: Fuzzing, Bug Triage, and Attacker Automation | CyberSecPolitics
- Seamless Phishing | Adam Caudill
- Identity and Access Management: Where Security and Operations Meet | DZone Integration
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Diana, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.