Gilt and Microservices
Get an inside look at how Gilt does microservices. Learn about their technology stack, how they deploy DevOps, and what they do that's relevant to the JVM.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Gilt.com provides instant insider access to top designer labels, at up to 70% off retail. The company went through growing pains when the monolithic application was not able to handle the needs of growing business demand. They looked at microservices for a scalable solution and are one of the live examples of how they are using it effectively to keep up with the velocity and agility of the business.
- What was the need to refactor monolithic application to microservice?
- What is the technology stack?
- Is JVM relevant?
- Relevance of containers
- Is DevOps a requirement for microservices?
- Should the microservices be fully contained or can the data be shared?
Watch the answer to these questions in this interview with Adrian Trenaman (@adrian_trenaman), software engineer at Gilt:
Some other details are at:
- Scaling Microservices at Gilt with Scala, Docker, and AWS
- Scaling Gilt: From Monolithic Ruby Application to Distributed Scala Microservices Architecture
Many thanks to Daniel Bryant (@danielbryantuk) for the introduction!
Published at DZone with permission of Arun Gupta, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.