Gilt.com provides instant insider access to top designer labels, at up to 70% off retail. The company went through growing pains when the monolithic application was not able to handle the needs of growing business demand. They looked at microservices for a scalable solution and are one of the live examples of how they are using it effectively to keep up with the velocity and agility of the business.
- What was the need to refactor monolithic application to microservice?
- What is the technology stack?
- Is JVM relevant?
- Relevance of containers
- Is DevOps a requirement for microservices?
- Should the microservices be fully contained or can the data be shared?
Watch the answer to these questions in this interview with Adrian Trenaman (@adrian_trenaman), software engineer at Gilt:
Some other details are at:
- Scaling Microservices at Gilt with Scala, Docker, and AWS
- Scaling Gilt: From Monolithic Ruby Application to Distributed Scala Microservices Architecture
Many thanks to Daniel Bryant (@danielbryantuk) for the introduction!