Github Releases New API Version
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Mendix. Better understand the aPaaS landscape and how the right platform can accelerate your software delivery cadence and capacity with the Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service.
Using the new Github API users can manage labels, issue comments, milestones, and events.
The new API also has full support for Gists.
They’ve also made several updates to their RESTful approach:
- URLs are simpler and more consistent: https://api.github.com/repos/github/gollum/issues.json.
- Resources return url fields so that clients don’t have to build URLs.
- Create/Update actions take JSON, instead of POST parameters.
- Pagination and Rate Limiting info is returned on every applicable request.
- JSON-P requests get a special payload with header information.
The new version of the API only supports JSON as the request and response format.
There is also a new daily cap of 5000 requests for the API.
There are still supporting API v2, and will announce deprecation plans soon.