Read the complete announcement here. The key features of RC2 are:
- 260 issues resolved
- Large IO refactoring
- Less memory than previous release
- Control total number of JIT'd methods
- Support a JIT cache between runtimes to return permgen
- 50-70% reduction in generated methods
- Download JRuby 1.1 RC2.
- Install Rails and create a simple Rails application as described in TOTD #24.
- Install GlassFish v3 gem using the command as shown below:
bin/jruby -S gem install glassfish
JRuby limited openssl loaded. gem install jruby-openssl for full support.
Successfully installed glassfish-0.1.1-universal-java
1 gem installed
- And now the simple application can be easily deployed on GlassFish gem as:
jruby -S glassfish_rails hello
Notice this command needs to be given from the parent directory of the application. The Applcation environment is as shown below:
and the application output looks like exactly as expected:
Please use the gem and send us feedback on GlassFish forums, dev@glassfish or gem mailing list.
Technorati: jruby ruby rubyonrails glassfish v3 gem