The Go language compiler is available for the Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Plan 9, and Microsoft Windows operating systems and the i386, amd64, ARM and IBM POWER processor architectures.
Beginner Go language developers should visit following links.
As you are reading this article, it means I can assume that you know about Go Language and its advantage and shortcoming. As the title suggest its for Java developers, so I can also assume that you have knowledge of core Java.
Install Go Language
- Download installer binary / package / installer as per your OS
- Current version is go 1.4.2
- Run package to install Go language
- After setup completes, you need to set environment variable to go language
- In case of OX, Add /usr/local/go/bin to the PATH environment variable. You can do this by adding this line to your /etc/profile (for a system-wide installation) or $HOME/.bash_profile: export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/go/bin
- To verify installation, you can execute following command $go version go version go1.4.2 darwin/amd64
Now, you have enough details to jump start coding. In next article I will cover the fundamentals and syntax of Go Language.