Being a good TTL is not it easy … what are the things that TTL needs to have ?
Below are my convictions about this:
1) Solid Technical.
2) Ability to break down tasks.
3) As John Maxwell said “Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.”
4) Sorround himself with smart people..
5) He needs to believe that the big credit for his team not for himself.
7) Learn from his team… they have a lot .. specially juniours
8) He needs to trust his team.
9) Consistent with all team members.
10) Good Communication Skills.
11) Concerned about applying best practices.
12) Keep his team excited… and in continous challenge.
13) He needs to know his soldiers ..
Based on my experience I do beleive that Developers are 3 types:
They like to start with new technlogy,framework, tool,but they hate reading books,best practices,… !!
because of that TTL cannot depend on them totally all the time after the project started… but he can get a great benifit by utilizing there
skills in the early stages from the project and POC tasks.
TTL needs to help him to be good finisher.
They like reading books, best practices..and they always says we cannot start before reading couple of chapters about this new topic!
TTL can depend on them after starting project to deliver and keep project stable.
TTL needs to help him to be good starter.
c)GOLDEN Devloper = Good Starter + Good Finisher:
14) He needs to keep hands dirty with code !
What you think guys…