Groovy 1.7.3 released
Time for a new release!
Groovy 1.7.3 is out, on the shelves, ready to be unleashed in your projects!
You can download Groovy at the usual place:
(Note that you can also live on the edge these days, as we now publish regular snapshots of Groovy 1.7 and 1.8 automatically, as explained further down on the Download page)
You can look at the JIRA release notes here:
In particular, you may be interested in the following new features:
- new AST transformations, like @Synchronized (safer use of synchronization) and @InheritConstructors (nice for inheriting Exception constructors)
- first() / last() / head() / tail() methods on arrays for consistency with lists (primitive arrays not covered yet)
- some BigDecimal handling improvements for better results on some edge cases calculations
- an update to the static imports for properties
- new method on Date so you can do cal[DAY_OF_WEEK] = MONDAY
- new String handling methods, like capitalize(), UNIX's tr(), expand()/unexpand(), as well as stripIndent() and stripMargin()
- a nice Groovy icon for the Groovy Swing Console on Mac OS X
Thanks a lot to everybody for their feedback, contributions, and their support towards this release!