Groovy 1.8.1 and 1.9-beta-1 released
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The Groovy development team is happy to announce the joint releases of Groovy 1.8.1 and 1.9-beta-1.
Both releases feature the following improvements and new features:
- The performance optimizations for primitive type calculations are now covering all the primitive types
- The builtin JSON support adds:
- a streaming builder (StreamingJsonBuilder) for when you want to stream your JSON payload directly to a writer (when you don't need to modify the data structure before outputing)
- and the two builders adds a simple serialization of POGOs/POJOs (just pass the object as a value)
- The groovysh shell supports tab-completion for completing your variables and method names
- Plus the usual GDK refinements that you can find on the release notes below.
And the first beta of the upcoming 1.9 line is adding on top of that:
- Most of Java 7 Project Coin enhancements:
- Use underscores in number literals: 1_000_000_000
- Binary literals: 0b01010101
- Catch multiple exceptions at once with multicatch: catch (IOException | NullPointerException e)
You can learn more about the tickets closed for these issues here:
And of course, you can download Groovy 1.8.1 and Groovy 1.9-beta-1 in our download area.
Keep on groovying!
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.