GUIdancer 4.0; Winner of an Eclipse Community Award
The Agile Zone is brought to you in partnership with JetBrains. Learn how Agile Boards in YouTrack are designed to help teams plan, visualize and manage their work in an efficient manner, with support for both Scrum and Kanban processes.
The 4.0 version has many unique features to offer testers. First, it offers browser-independent HTML testing alongside existing Swing, SWT/RCP, and GEF support. Specifically, the code-free approach to automated functional testing has been expanded to HTML applications running on Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. With this feature, GUIdancer also takes on the role of cross-platform, browser-independent web app testing.
New reporting capabilities are used to track project quality. The reporting perspective in GUI dancer 4.0 makes it easier to see information about test progress within a project. It gives testers a quick overview of daily test results. These overviews come in the form of BIRT reports which QA managers can monitor for trends over long periods of time. There are also full HTML reports that include more detailed information about any defects that occurred. GUIdancer 4.0 also comes with the ability to test multiple applications during one test.
Test creation in GUIdancer is simplified through drag-and-drop features. The ability to write tests before the application is available facilitates proactive test writing. Here are a number of other existing features in GUIdancer that promote effective testing:
- Robust object recognition
- Support for high-level operations on trees, tables, tabs etc.
- Extensibility - to incorporate proprietary components into tests.
- Multi-user database
- Data and GUI maps separated from test flow
- Runs as a standalone application or as an Eclipse plugin
- Test result reports as XML and HTML files
- Customizable error handling
- Extensible using Java - supports your own components and actions
- Support for multilingual testing
- UTF-16 compatible
Demo-licenses and free live demos are available at the Bredex website.