Brian Keller just shot me this email and I thought it important to blog about is ASAP (so you have a chance to download the VM's while on a faster work network... ;)
Just in time for Thanksgiving, I’m pleased to announce that the Visual Studio 2013 RTM ALM Virtual Machine is now available!
This virtual machine replaces the previous Visual Studio 2013 ALM virtual machine which was based on Preview bits. This is a publicly downloadable set of content, so you may feel free to share this with your customers, partners, etc. It’s designed to be both a tool for demonstrating our ALM story and as a self-paced training environment for learning how to use our ALM tools.
This virtual machine is configured with:
· Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard Evaluation
· Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2013
· Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2013
· Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
· Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
· Microsoft Release Management for Visual Studio 2013
· Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard
· Sample users and data required to support hands-on-lab scripts which accompany this download and exercise 4 new ALM scenarios.
Public URL: http://aka.ms/vs13almvm
More ALM virtual machines and hands-on-labs / demo scripts (including VS 2012, Project Server/TFS, and SCOM/TFS) can be found at http://aka.ms/ALMVMs.
What’s next? In the next sprint we will be working on the following:
- Porting the hands-on-labs, demo scripts, and sample data from the VS 2012 ALM virtual machine to work with the Visual Studio 2013 ALM virtual machine.
- Building a set of assets and scripts to enable the Microsoft field to effectively learn and demonstrate Application Insights.
Brian Keller Principal Technical Evangelist
Visual Studio ALM
ALM 2012 Book: Professional ALM with Visual Studio 2012
TFS 2012 Book: Professional Team Foundation Server 2012
Visual Studio ALM Demos / hands-on-labs
Related Past Post XRef:
The HOL "Building a Release Pipeline with Team Foundation Server 2012" thing
Featuring Agile Planning and Portfolio Management with TFS2013 in these Hands On Labs
Visual Studio 2013 ALM and HOL VM now available...
VS2012 Update 1 ALM VM and HOL / Demo Scripts now available
The VS 2012 ALM Virtual Machine and VS 2012 Update 1 (In short, there's an updated VM coming, don't install it on this VM if you don't have too)
The big BK has updated the Visual Studio 2012 RC ALM Virtual Machine and Hands-on-Labs
VS 11 ALM DemoMates updated for the Beta
Visual Studio/TFS11 ALM Demo's... Mate! See the VS/TFS 11 ALM's hands-on-labs in DemoMate form
Visual Studio 11 ALM VHD's, VirtualBoxed (and even on x86 hosts too)
Want to play with Visual Studio 11 & TFS 11 Dev Preview but don't want to install it (and have access to a Hyper-V server)? Here's a VHD just for