Hazelcast 1.6 Released: In-Memory Data Grid for Java
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
We are pleased to announce that the version 1.6 is now available for download. Hazelcast is an open source transactional, distributed/partitioned implementation of queue, map, lock and executor service for Java. Hazecast helps you easily cluster your application. This release adds MultiMap, Eviction (distributed cache) and many other amazing features to Hazelcast. Release Notes
What is New:
- Support for synchronous backups and configurable backup-count for maps.
- Eviction support. Timed eviction for queues. LRU, LFU and time based eviction for maps.
- Statistics/history for entries. create/update time, number of hits, cost. see IMap.getMapEntry(key)
- MultiMap implementation. similar to google-collections and apache-common-collections MultiMap but distributed and thread-safe.
- Being able to destroy() the data structures when not needed anymore.
- Being able to Hazelcast.shutdown() the local member.
- Get the list of all data structure instances via Hazelcast.getInstances().
Project : http://code.google.com/p/hazelcast/
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.